I think this might be the perfect time to get a Wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I think this might be the perfect time to get a Wii U

User Info: Josh2000

Josh2000
4 weeks ago#1
Cant say I really want one for anything other than Breath of the Wild. So why a Wii U and not a Switch? Wind Waker HD :) I think it would be more logical to go with the cheaper alternative for Breath of the Wild and with no word on Wind Waker or Twilight Princes coming out for the Switch and at the rate the mainline Zelda games come out, I wouldn't expect the next big one until around the time they are announcing the next Nintendo system so it kind of seems illogical to buy it for future titles at the moment. I'm sure it will see another Hyrule Warriors (not interested) and maybe a Zelda Rugby or something. Although it would be nice to have a couple other games on it so I don't just play it once a year. How is Super Mario 3D World if I hated Mario Galaxy? Donkey Kong Country if I hated the Wii iteration? Probably not Mario Kart or Smash Bros simply because I get board with racing/sports and fighting games real quick. Anything else really appealing to a 30 year old male with no kids?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 weeks ago#2
Josh2000 posted...
Cant say I really want one for anything other than Breath of the Wild. So why a Wii U and not a Switch? Wind Waker HD

Then you do want one for something other than Breath of the Wild. You want Wind Waker HD. I don't get why, since the original looks loads better and if you already have it there's no point in putting down the money for the remaster.

That aside, maybe Super Mario Maker might appeal to you, or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I hear Splatoon is good too.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
4 weeks ago#3
Yeah, I'd wager this is probably the to do time to buy Wii-U stuff. I'm already set for games, still considering on buying a new Wii-U from Nintendo's Store, just for backup purposes.
Dohoho

User Info: Josh2000

Josh2000
4 weeks ago#4
Zero_Maniac posted...
Josh2000 posted...
Cant say I really want one for anything other than Breath of the Wild. So why a Wii U and not a Switch? Wind Waker HD

Then you do want one for something other than Breath of the Wild. You want Wind Waker HD. I don't get why, since the original looks loads better and if you already have it there's no point in putting down the money for the remaster.

That aside, maybe Super Mario Maker might appeal to you, or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I hear Splatoon is good too.

Well mainline Zelda games mostly then. But I don't have a GameCube so Id be fine with getting it on the Wii U alongside Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princes HD, although I did somewhat recently play TP on the Wii so Id be getting that just to have until the next time I feel aspired to play it again.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#5
Josh2000 posted...
Cant say I really want one for anything other than Breath of the Wild.

That is why you should buy this game on the Switch. There is absolutely nothing special about playing Breath of the Wild on Wii U. Nintendo removed all of the second screen gamepad functions. I don't even care for the Switch hardware, but that won't stop me from giving logical advice. Buy the newer console if both have the main game that you want.

There is no guarantee that Wind Waker HD wil be ported to the Switch, but who cares when you know that the next Zelda game will be there. I just can't recommend anyone buy a Wii U right now that isn't a collector. Especially for THAT one game.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
4 weeks ago#6
Xenoblade Chronicles X, third best game ever.
Best 3 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X
Gone but never forgotten - Didier Drogba #11 - Chelsea Legend

User Info: GuyKopski

GuyKopski
3 weeks ago#7
Or you could just buy a Switch, since every Wii U game worth owning is getting ported anyway.

User Info: este914

este914
3 weeks ago#8
Still too expensive so it's not the right time

-

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
3 weeks ago#9
No, you are far too late.

It was possible to effectively buy a brand new Wii U for around 100-110 pounds in Uk.
Those days are long gone.

GuyKopski posted...
Or you could just buy a Switch, since every Wii U game worth owning is getting ported anyway.

Yeah, no. That doesn't work.
ZombiU ports all suck. Lego City Undercover ports all suck and are all missing out on content.
Try to port over Affordable Space Adventures. Oh wow, that doesn't work because the gamepad is an integral part of the game.

And new-Nintendo won't port over flops. Like Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Project Zero 5. Ah another game that is basically impossible to port. Wonderful 101 + Project Zero 5.

Mario Maker, how is this supposed to work out? Take Switch out of docking station, make some cources using the inaccurate new touchscreen. Then put Switch into the dock once more to play it. Scratch it while doing that, because of crappy hardware design. Yeah, sounds horrible. Mario Maker is supposed to simply work. Design course, immediately play. Switch back to designing again etc. That's how it worked and still works on Wii U.

Legend of Zelda HD ports. Yeah, those will totally not suck compared to the Wii U counterparts...

etc. etc. etc.

And one is for certain. New-CEO-Nintendo is so lazy and greedy, that they will even make you download part of the game of your "physical" cart.
Which means your physical cart will be worthless in no time (downloading games although you bought a "physical" cart + see what new-Nintendo does with Wii eShop == f*** them).
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I think this might be the perfect time to get a Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived