I am enjoying batman arkham city more than BotW

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I am enjoying batman arkham city more than BotW

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
3 weeks ago#1
Yah arkham city is not as big, but everything around you has history, easter eggs and reference left and right, story to follow that has things happening, you start right away with a decent equipment, a true classic

When playing BotW, almost ever side quest has weak rewards, story is almost non existent, and so many useless fun elements ruined by game mechanics, horses are kinda useless, different weapons breaking easy, snow boarding limited to shield life span, etc)

What I am trying to say, having a big empty is nothing special really, having a contained city filled with things to do is always the way to go

Hell I am also playing 3DS Zelda OOT for, and the remake is also more fun than BotW

Nintendo fans really need to play better games if BotW is GotY status for them
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: propane_197

propane_197
3 weeks ago#2
I think the hype train is still in full throttle for alot people, maybe its the younger crowd idk. But i am scared Nintendo will continue to choose the quantity over quality path.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: MajinSoulx

MajinSoulx
3 weeks ago#3
I have yet to play BotW but I didn't enjoy Arkham City at all.

But I agree with you that a giant open world with nothing to do in it is pointless. That was my biggest gripe with FFXV
PSN: UtoKid
opinions =|= facts

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
3 weeks ago#4
yahya_no_1 posted...
having a contained city filled with things to do is always the way to go

Yuck, no thanks. Oblivion and Skyrim's worlds s*** all over Arkham City's.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
3 weeks ago#5
BotW and Arkham City are two of my favorite Wii U games. I love them both.

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
3 weeks ago#6
propane_197 posted...
I think the hype train is still in full throttle for alot people, maybe its the younger crowd idk. But i am scared Nintendo will continue to choose the quantity over quality path.

*cough* opinions *cough*

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
3 weeks ago#7
Mr_Rudd posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
having a contained city filled with things to do is always the way to go

Yuck, no thanks. Oblivion and Skyrim's worlds s*** all over Arkham City's.

I take Dark souls world over Skyrim anyday, same with Arkham City, but then again opinions
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: celebar

celebar
3 weeks ago#8
So many weird comparisons in this thread.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: StevenHunyady

StevenHunyady
2 weeks ago#9
Tbh TC I had the same opinion, BOTW is overrated, though I played BOTW on my Switch, but there's nothing to do or appreciate there, where as every square inch of Arkham City felt worthwhile. Just don't recommend the Wii U edition of Arkham Origins, it never got all the patches the PS3 or Xbox 360 editiona of Arkham Origins got, or all the DLC, and not all of the skins are accessible, and it's terribly glitchy due to missing the above aforemented patches I mentioned, and has terrible framerate... Just if your going to get another Arkham game, don't get it on Wii U is what i'm saying

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 weeks ago#10
how is it even possible to compare arkham city to botw? just because they are open worlds?
both have their strenghts and weaknesses.
what i hate about city is that sidequests take too long to complete.
if i want to solve victor's quest again i have to wait until the next phone rings, then rush to answer a phone at the opposite of the city. repeat until its solved.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I am enjoying batman arkham city more than BotW

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.