Will my wii u console and gamepad still work in 10+ years?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will my wii u console and gamepad still work in 10+ years?

User Info: DragonKnightFPQ

DragonKnightFPQ
1 month ago#1
If well taken care of? Or can it not last like snes, cube, wii etc

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#2
the screen may eventually give in (ie, break) but unless you toss it around, it should last you a very long time.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
"dont call gay art gay" -some mod. then WHAT is it, and WHATS its name????

User Info: Nintendo_Switch

Nintendo_Switch
1 month ago#3
Eh... I can see it lasting like the GameCube and Wii (provided you take care of the game pad), but not the SNES. Those disc drives are bound to go bad at some point.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#4
Unless you’re very rough with either the console or the gamepad, i don’t see either breaking on you for a long time. Moat of Nintendo’s hardware is incredibelly durable.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.

DragonKnightFPQ
1 month ago#5
Yeah I am just worried that it will break and then cant get a new gamepad :( i take good care of it, keep it clean and dont drop it and not rough with it

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#6
They sold 13 million of them. Chances are in 10 years you’ll still be able to find replacement parts to fix it yourself.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

DragonKnightFPQ
1 month ago#7
TC2Kevin posted...
They sold 13 million of them. Chances are in 10 years you’ll still be able to find replacement parts to fix it yourself.

How would one know the issue?

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
1 month ago#8
The problem will be the lithium battery. That will be the big issue down the road. Either another company makes new batteries, or the system needs a modification to work with other tablets or phones.
lovecraft223

User Info: TC2Kevin

TC2Kevin
1 month ago#9
DragonKnightFPQ posted...
TC2Kevin posted...

How would one know the issue?

Most likely things to need replacement are the thumb sticks, the screen, and the battery. Worst case on the battery, you can always plug it in and use it wired. Thumb sticks and screens have available parts and do it yourself guides. Even the circuit board is available if you think that’s the problem. If you’re willing to ship it, there might even be repair places you can find online. Fans will keep this thing going for a while.
NNID: Ninexpert
Ever try? Ever fail? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
1 month ago#10
i dont see why it wouldnt if you take care of it
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will my wii u console and gamepad still work in 10+ years?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived