Anyone buy a refurbished Wii U direct from Nintendo?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone buy a refurbished Wii U direct from Nintendo?

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
1 month ago#1
How was it? Was the screen scratched up? Any damage to system? Looked brand new?
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: TwilightSociety

TwilightSociety
1 month ago#2
I did just a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for $175. It wasn't in a display box, but looked brand new. No issues at all so far. Highly recommended. Been having a blast. The Wii VC transfer went seamlessly as well.
This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

User Info: coldblooded88

coldblooded88
1 month ago#3
I got one last year. The system was pretty much brand new and I've had no issues since then.
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

User Info: Akula93

Akula93
1 month ago#4
I bought one last December. It looked and felt brand new. I've never had a problem anything i've bought from the Nintendo Store.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a Wii U anywhere else unless it was brand new.

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#5
I just hooked one up last night. If it weren't for the plain box that it came in, I could have been fooled into thinking it's new. I got some accessories from the Nintendo store while I was at it. Screen protector and charging cradle. Pretty cheap, and free shipping since the order was over $50.

I recommend it. Sucks that Miiverse and Wii U Chat are no longer supported, but there's a great backlog of games to get into now.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: este914

este914
1 month ago#6
I really want one. But I don't wanna spend more then like 100-125 most 😕

-

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
1 month ago#7
I got one too as my back-.up
Great

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#8
My brother did. It looked brand new.

I suspect that most "refurbs" are actually new, since Nintendo seemed to recall most unsold Wii Us last year.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
1 month ago#9
@TheRushDawg so that's why I couldn't find one. Did it come in a Wii U box or generic brown cardboard box?
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#10
VeryDarkSoul posted...
@TheRushDawg so that's why I couldn't find one. Did it come in a Wii U box or generic brown cardboard box?

My bro's came in an official Wii U box with all of the plastic and inserts.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone buy a refurbished Wii U direct from Nintendo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived