I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#21
MrCokeacola posted...
Switche games cost too much money. Wii (u) nice and cheap.

Word to your Moms.
GT: Bludluvr If you shoot a mime should you use a silencer?

User Info: plus1zero

plus1zero
1 month ago#22
I wouldn’t have done that since the switch is slowly getting the wiiu’s stuff plus more, but hey you do you
Make America Game Again

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#23
TheRushDawg posted...
I own both a Switch and a Wii U and the Switch is so much better than the Wii U it's not even funny.

Go with what makes you happy, but I'd strongly recommend the Switch over the Wii U any day of the week.

The Wii U has more games than the Switch at the moment. If you prefer Switch for its design then it's completely off topic

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#24
Splatoon 1 is not obsolete lol you can find online matches within seconds.

Also, it has maps, sub weapons and specials that Splatoon 2 doesn't have.

Aaaand the online is free

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#25
Brianst0rm posted...

Splatoon 1 is totally obsolete. Splatoon 2 has everything Splatoon 1 has, plus new modes, new types of weapons and major quality of life improvements.

If you want to get pedantic, yes, not games have unique subs and specials but so what? Are you seriously suggesting people go back to Splatoon 1 from Splatoon 2 just to use a couple specials? That's laughable.

All Splatoon 1 maps will come to Splatoon 2; it is just a matter of time. Same with Splatoon 1 weapons.

I have played over 100 hours of Splatoon 2 and haven't paid a cent.

And oh yeah, Splatoon 2 is still getting splat fests.

Splatoon 1 is obsolete. Deal with it.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#26
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
I own both a Switch and a Wii U and the Switch is so much better than the Wii U it's not even funny.

Go with what makes you happy, but I'd strongly recommend the Switch over the Wii U any day of the week.

The Wii U has more games than the Switch at the moment. If you prefer Switch for its design then it's completely off topic

Did I say the Switch had more games than the Wii U? No, I said the Switch is so much better than the Wii U, it's not even funny, which I 100% stand by.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
1 month ago#27
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...

Splatoon 1 is totally obsolete. Splatoon 2 has everything Splatoon 1 has, plus new modes, new types of weapons and major quality of life improvements.

If you want to get pedantic, yes, not games have unique subs and specials but so what? Are you seriously suggesting people go back to Splatoon 1 from Splatoon 2 just to use a couple specials? That's laughable.

All Splatoon 1 maps will come to Splatoon 2; it is just a matter of time. Same with Splatoon 1 weapons.

Wrong. To be honest splatoon has way better gameplay than it's sequel solely because of gamepad support. Having that map always there is ingenious. Also free online and callie and marie as main hosts
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: plus1zero

plus1zero
1 month ago#28
Ben111 posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...

Wrong. To be honest splatoon has way better gameplay than it's sequel solely because of gamepad support. Having that map always there is ingenious. Also free online and callie and marie as main hosts

You can look at the map super quickly on the switch. Anyway they’re the main hosts in 2 also and it’s free online too on switch.
Make America Game Again

User Info: Sculptor

Sculptor
1 month ago#29
Nodrog77 posted...
I could have a Switch for Xmas...nothing wrong with that but I'm going for a refurbished Wii U instead. Reason? Super Mario 3D World. Super Mario Galaxy. Super Mario Galaxy 2. DKC Tropical Freeze. Cpt Toad's Treasure Trackers, Bayonetta 2, Nintendoland. Wonderful 101. Pikmin 3. Yoshi's Wooly World & Mario Kart 8, only 1 of which is available on the Switch. The Wii U plays 2 Nintendo generations of games I feel like I missed out on. Switch has.. Super Mario Odyssey.
Plain & simple.

And even if some of the games I listed r ported to the Switch, no big deal. The Wii U has them NOW. As far as I'm concerned Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario Galaxy 2 r must plays. Switch may never come out w/ them. It would be worth the cash just for those 3 alone. I really feel that way. Maybe some day I'll get a Switch, but 4 now, a Wii U will do me just fine. 👍👍

While I think Odyssey completely destroys 3D World (and I loved the latter), I think this is a good call. I got a Wii U quite late (mid 2015) and was completely surprised by the amount of great games that I got to dive into.

I got a Switch for my birthday last week and I am quite disappointed to find nothing really interests me besides Odyssey and XC2. Mostly because the majority of exclusive titles are Wii U games rehashed for full price instead of the 10 - 15 bucks you can get them for on Wii U.
For the time being you'll be having an affordable blast on the U while the Switch can get cheaper and will receive a worthy library in the meantime. I'll still be doing the same thing after I finish my two Switch games lol.

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#30
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...

You probably never played Splatoon 1 and keep talking your ass off.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived