A Wii U game just won Game of the Year. (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. A Wii U game just won Game of the Year. (spoilers)

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#11
KainFourteh posted...

It was in development for the Wii U before the Switch was even a thing. It's a Wii U game.

That doesn't even matter. No one aside from Wii U fanboys think of it as a Wii U game. It is known as a Switch game first and foremost. It's really pathetic how you're all in denial.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#12
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
MrCokeacola posted...
Breath of the Wild still making the Wii U relevant in 2017.

Technically, yes, but honestly no. Pretty much no one associates BotW with the Wii U, even though it was a Wii U game for the majority of its development. Plus BotW's release essentially marked the death of the Wii U. So yeah, the Wii U isn't relevant in 2017 sadly.

You are so repetitive

BoTW is a Wii U game first and foremost and that's all, deal with it.

No one thinks of BotW as a Wii U game. Most people played BotW on the Switch. BotW sold more on the Switch. Link gets a Nintendo Switch t-shirt in BotW; not a Wii U one.

Deal with it.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#13
Zero_Maniac posted...
KainFourteh posted...

It was in development for the Wii U before the Switch was even a thing. It's a Wii U game.

That doesn't even matter. No one aside from Wii U fanboys think of it as a Wii U game. It is known as a Switch game first and foremost. It's really pathetic how you're all in denial.

Developed primarily for the Wii U in the first place makes it a Wii U game first and foremost, fact. The only one who's in denial is you who seems unable to accept the facts.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#14
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
MrCokeacola posted...

Technically, yes, but honestly no. Pretty much no one associates BotW with the Wii U, even though it was a Wii U game for the majority of its development. Plus BotW's release essentially marked the death of the Wii U. So yeah, the Wii U isn't relevant in 2017 sadly.

You are so repetitive

No one thinks of BotW as a Wii U game. Most people played BotW on the Switch. BotW sold more on the Switch. Link gets a Nintendo Switch t-shirt in BotW; not a Wii U one.

Deal with it.

Still a Wii U game since that is what it was primarily developed for, nothing you say changes that fact.

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#15
KainFourteh posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
MrCokeacola posted...

You are so repetitive

Deal with it.

Still a Wii U game since that is what it was primarily developed for, nothing you say changes that fact.

Obviously it is a Wii U game; I own and played the Wii U version.

But I am also in the minority. Most people think of BotW as a Switch game, period.

Nintendo themselves chose to make it more of a Switch game than a Wii U game. There have been multiple special editions of BotW for the Switch; not so for Wii U.

Wii U isn't relevant in 2017. No one talks about Wii U anymore. Even this board is dead. Nothing you say will change that fact.

Deal with it.

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#16
TheRushDawg posted...
Even this board is dead.

1 page and a half is still full of active topics. It's not dead yet.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Shah138

Shah138
1 month ago#17
Zero_Maniac posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
Even this board is dead.

1 page and a half is still full of active topics. It's not dead yet.

Maybe not dead but still pretty slow. The last topic on the first page goes back to December 3rd. The boards for PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One all go back to only yesterday. Taking a quick look after even 8 topics you start having topics that haven't been posted in for over 24 hours.
Spectre of Dark Aether

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#18
TheRushDawg posted...
KainFourteh posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
MrCokeacola posted...

You are so repetitive

Deal with it.

Obviously it is a Wii U game; I own and played the Wii U version.

But I am also in the minority. Most people think of BotW as a Switch game, period.

Nintendo themselves chose to make it more of a Switch game than a Wii U game. There have been multiple special editions of BotW for the Switch; not so for Wii U.

Wii U isn't relevant in 2017. No one talks about Wii U anymore. Even this board is dead. Nothing you say will change that fact.

Deal with it.

What are you doing here then?

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#19
Brianst0rm posted...

Why does it matter first of all? Whenever people ask this, what they're really doing is crying about someone being negative towards their piece of plastic.

Besides, the guy implied that he owns (or owned) a Wii U. There's your reason, not that one was needed to begin with.

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#20
Zero_Maniac posted...
Brianst0rm posted...

Why does it matter first of all? Whenever people ask this, what they're really doing is crying about someone being negative towards their piece of plastic.

Besides, the guy implied that he owns (or owned) a Wii U. There's your reason, not that one was needed to begin with.

Thanks Zero_Maniac.

I do own a Wii U and 28 physical games, including Breath of the Wild. I've played most of the "major" Wii U games.

I loved Breath of the Wild on the Wii U and, back in March, I didn't think Zelda alone was enough reason to buy a Switch. Once Splatoon 2 launched though, I bought a Switch and never looked back. I've hardly touched my Wii U since July.

Anyways, my main point is that Breath of the Wild is a Wii U game, but history won't remember it as a Wii U game. Even today, most people associate BotW with the Switch, not the Wii U.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. A Wii U game just won Game of the Year. (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived