The Wii U exclusivity of Bayonetta 2 ends here

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U exclusivity of Bayonetta 2 ends here

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
1 month ago#21
yosheta posted...
If the port of Bayo 2 was to include anything, like additional story elements and more areas to explore/play, then yeah, I'd be miffed too.

...But as it stands, Bayo 2 port shows no signs of having that. Just additional features that Wii-U owners won't be missing too much on.

Yeah, same here. The additions to Bayonetta 2 on Switch seem pretty inconsequential, which is as it should be. Completely different situation from MK8DX and Pokken DX, which basically locked entire DLC packs behind purchasing the game all over again.

I don't know why so many people want a company to actually keep its old games locked to old hardware, though. As someone who recently collected a bunch of Sega Saturn games, I can tell you for a fact that games being exclusive to old hardware is just a pain in the ass. I like that Nintendo always ports its games forward (aside from most of its Gamecube library, which I can see becoming a huge pain in the ass if Nintendo doesn't change that soon), as it makes it much cheaper for us retro collecters to collect old games while non-collectors can just play the newer versions.

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#22
legefy posted...
Just wait for Tropical Freeze's announcement

All DK games except for 64 were ported to another console so idk why it's a bad thing

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
1 month ago#23
Still a bit expensive for the Switch. At least for both games. The option to buy either one, then the other is interesting.

Wii U will always have the cult following.
lovecraft223

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#24
slymshady posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
legefy posted...
Just wait for Tropical Freeze's announcement

That seems like a sure thing. The original game didn't even use the gamepad, so it should be a super easy port.

Will definitely get ported. Switch is a great way to play ports. Shame Nintendo cannot come up with original ideas with the switch so far but it’s a great way to showcase all the great Wii U games.

No original ideas? Perhaps you've never heard of ARMS and Mario Odyssey? Splatoon 2? Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

There are plenty of original ideas on the Switch.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#25
yosheta posted...
Majority of ports boasts some sort of additional feature.

Oh right
Mario Kart 8 - finally fixed battle mode, that will be $60. And a monthly fee to be allowed to play. Thank you very much.
Lego City - oh wait, gamepad support was fully scrapped obviously b/c inferior hardware
Breath of the Wild - oh wait, game was downgraded because of inferior hardware and we can't allow a superior Wii U version to exist. Even when it was designed around the Wii U gamepad. We were still too lazy to remove the in game Wii U gamepad from the game.
Bayonetta - wow, Amiibo support. Finally. I really got sick of being able to unlock content by playing well. Gotta pay $60 now on top of the $60 for a 3, 4 idk year old game. Thanks Nintendo!!! Just do the same as you did with Samus Returns. I love paying $150 for one game.
Splatoon 2 - oh wait, gamepad mechanic got removed and now I would have to pay for online too. Thanks for the downgrade.

Majority of ports

???
Or maybe you were talking about ports on other platforms. And you would also be wrong.
Only a tiny few are actually properly made with care. For example Final Fantasy X + X/2. Or Wind Waker on the Wii U.

Metal Gear Solid 2+3 HD misses out on tons of stuff. And they couldn't even bothered to re-add the cutscene, that was originally cut from the game.
Sly Cooper misses out on audio commentary because of who knows why
Ubisoft ports are typically bug ridden. See Prince of Persia collection and Splinter Cell collection. Splinter Cell "collection" is actually Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and even that's a downgrade, because they of course cut the coop mode.

slymshady posted...
Switch is a great way to play ports.

Someone please make the industry crash.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
1 month ago#26
Alphrin posted...
yosheta posted...
If the port of Bayo 2 was to include anything, like additional story elements and more areas to explore/play, then yeah, I'd be miffed too.

...But as it stands, Bayo 2 port shows no signs of having that. Just additional features that Wii-U owners won't be missing too much on.

Yeah, same here. The additions to Bayonetta 2 on Switch seem pretty inconsequential, which is as it should be. Completely different situation from MK8DX and Pokken DX, which basically locked entire DLC packs behind purchasing the game all over again.

I don't know why so many people want a company to actually keep its old games locked to old hardware, though. As someone who recently collected a bunch of Sega Saturn games, I can tell you for a fact that games being exclusive to old hardware is just a pain in the ass. I like that Nintendo always ports its games forward (aside from most of its Gamecube library, which I can see becoming a huge pain in the ass if Nintendo doesn't change that soon), as it makes it much cheaper for us retro collecters to collect old games while non-collectors can just play the newer versions.

I bought the Wii U for games that are exclusive until they are retro, as this was the case for every other Nintendo console, even the Virtual Boy. Not for timed exclusives that Nintendo ports to Switch just a couple of years later with extra content locked to the port because f*** everyone who bought a Wii U.
I don't care if Nintendo ports all Gamecube games to Switch because they are already retro. And Saturn games are already prehistoric. But Wii U games should have stayed Wii U only until they are retro.

User Info: bicboi64

bicboi64
1 month ago#27
Stuff like this is good. If the WiiU released HD versions of good Wii games (Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy, etc...) during its droughts they'd have been more bearable and would've helped with sales.

They're learning from their past mistakes with droughts with ports. Its a good thing for the series and gamers everywhere that didn't get a chance to play Bayo before
Too many games, not enough time

User Info: Rogziel2k

Rogziel2k
1 month ago#28
plus this game came out a couple years ago....why get made over a port of it?
PSN-jets28cm, XBLA- jets28cm, Steam- jets28cm, I own: SMS, NES, SNES, GEN, VB, SAT, PSX, N64, DC, PS2, XBOX, GC, GBC, GBA, NDS, 3ds, PS3, PS4, Fire TV, PC

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#29
Hypocritical Wii U fanboys were stoked when Bayonetta 1 got ported to the U. Now that Bayo 2 is getting a Switch port, they think ports are bad all of a sudden.

GTFOH with that lame s***.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#30
"You are now ignoring this user's topics, posts, and PMs."

Lord have mercy on this poor soul
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U exclusivity of Bayonetta 2 ends here

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived