Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
1 month ago#1
it seems easy that they can release all the wii-U games on SWITCH
like zelda, mario kart

so why cant they do it the other way around?
I dont see any reason they cant do a dual release for metroid
this is life:
goo.gl/6Kejrv

User Info: digressive

digressive
1 month ago#2
Because Nintendo wants you to get a Switch. It's that simple.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#3
Don’t expect it. Nintendo refuses to release a game for a system they killed off.
Even a 65-million year old dinosaur can't say no to something fun as gaming.

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
1 month ago#4
digressive posted...

This.

That being said, I do think they will continue to release terrible games for years to come. ICYMI, Just Dance 2018 was released on Wii this year. Not Wii U , but the original Wii.

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
1 month ago#5
What I can tell you is that the Wii U is "out of print", meaning that they aren't going to be manufacturing any more of the consoles, so the consoles themselves are going to become increasingly rare...

Whether out of print consoles CAN still have video games released on them is something that I've personally never looked into, but even if that's possible, the games being released will and/or would be very limited compared to Switch titles being released.
Injustice #1 Rank/Garden Warfare 2 #1 Rank/Gears of War 2 #1 Rank/17 Time Oddworld #1 Rank/MGS5 FOB #1 Rank/12 TIME WORLD RECORD HOLDER (twitch.tv/iiice_cold)

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
1 month ago#6
crs1989 posted...
digressive posted...

This.

That being said, I do think they will continue to release terrible games for years to come. ICYMI, Just Dance 2018 was released on Wii this year. Not Wii U , but the original Wii.

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Dance-2018-Wii-U/dp/B072JSM93H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512842031&sr=8-1&keywords=just+dance+2018+wiiu

Amazon disagrees with you on Just Dance 2018 being on Wii, but not the Wii U, as does Target, and Walmart.

That being said, U will no longer be supported by Nintendo directly with first party titles, other than maybe VC, and The U in general didn't even get the Lego game they used to get so the U is pretty much done with any type of major support.

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
1 month ago#7
Yeah, I'm pretty sure no game in the foreseeable future will be released on the Wii-U except for VC content.

It stinks seeing an end to a console that never met its stride, but that's how the Dreamcast felt too.

It'd be funny if we get something like what the Dreamcast scene had post-death with continued releases from niche groups that decided they wanted to port over some wacky arcade game.
Dohoho

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#8
I expect many more Wii U to Switch ports. Bayonetta 1 & 2 were just announced. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the top selling Switch game, so clearly there's a strong market for these ports.

There are rumours of the next Smash Bros. game being an enhanced port of the Wii U version as well.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#9
TheRushDawg posted...
I expect many more Wii U to Switch ports. Bayonetta 1 & 2 were just announced. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the top selling Switch game, so clearly there's a strong market for these ports.

There are rumours of the next Smash Bros. game being an enhanced port of the Wii U version as well.

We all know and waiting for that, that will be the real final nail for the WiiU, but that is OK, unless Snake is back, I really don't care

The only time I would buy a switch if they increase the battery life, start losing all that bs hype just like the Wiiu had when it first came out and Nintendo fans realizing all over again for the 6th time they got no games coming out, this has been the case since the SNES starting with them cancelling StarFox 2(and already finished game)
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
1 month ago#10
TheRushDawg posted...

The only rumour about Smash 4 on Switch came from Laura Kate Dale and Emily Rogers.

And I just checked Wii U's eShop and there are a few games that were released this week so yes, it's still getting indie games and shovelware like Just Dance.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived