Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#21
MK8D f***ed with the stat balance and the item distribution...

Pokken is a straight upgrade though. Lots of new content and good balance changes.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#22
CrimsonSmasher posted...
MK8D f***ed with the stat balance and the item distribution...

Pokken is a straight upgrade though. Lots of new content and good balance changes.

The general consensus is that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a total improvement over the original.

It has more characters, a proper battle mode and the ability to play local multiplayer on the go with the joy cons.

The only arguments that the Wii U version is better involve overly pedantic nit picks that ultimately come off looking ridiculous.

Are you seriously saying MK8 is better than MK8D because of "stat balance and item distribution"?
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#23
TheRushDawg posted...
The only arguments that the Wii U version is better involve overly pedantic nit picks that ultimately come off looking ridiculous.

Ridiculous?

total improvement

It has more characters, a proper battle mode and the ability to play local multiplayer on the go with the joy cons.

Now THIS is ridiculous.
"total improvement" because of a tiny few more characters (SIX) and finally fixing the battle mode, which should have been done to the Wii U version via patch.
Yup, that's totally worth full price once more.
f*** stat balance and item distribution.

Also love the paid monthly fee online on the Swotch, so that nu-Nintendo allows me to play a full price game online using my own internet connection. LOL

Are you seriously saying MK8 is better than MK8D because of "stat balance and item distribution"?

Yeah, that's kinda important you know. You never played it anyway, so what do you know.

If nu-Nintendo would have added 16 more tracks or more, you would have some point, but this is just ridiculous and nu-Nintendo is obviously lazy.
Wow, adding 6 new characters. Must have been tons of work for them.

Seacliff217 posted...
Mario Kart all both look and run better

So Mario kart now runs at 120 fps?
Or still at 60 fps just like on Wii U.
So how does it "run better"? That works for last gen ports on the other "consoles", because the other consoles delivered 30 fps at best when you were lucky.

Rayman Legends had a rough start but was later patched, now it can live up to its name as the 'definitive version'.

No, it can't. The Switch version got massively compressed.
Wii U version was almost 7 GB. Swotch version is less then 3 GB.

inb4 "but but but the assets look totally the same."
No, they don't.

They also dropped multiplayer gameplay using the touchscreen (aka playing as Murphy). So much for "definitive" edition on inferior hardware.
Definitive version on Wii U actually supports 5 players at the same time.

inb4 "but but but it's 4 players, that doesn't really matter"

And finally the load times are a joke, especially because the Swotch is supposed to be using carts, which means loading should be way faster than on the Wii U. And it's actually the exact opposite. JOKE. OF. A. CONSOLE.

Seacliff217 posted...
Stop being salty

What you even doing here? Trolling?
I'm simply not dumb enough to spend money on games that I already played 3 or 4 or 5 years ago, especially when nu-Nintendo f***s everything up left and right.

You heard the latest one? Bayonetta 1 will be digital download. LOL.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

TheRushDawg
4 weeks ago#24
@jimi_dini

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe absolutely runs better than vanilla MK8. MK8D runs in 1080p docked, 720p undocked (vanilla MK8 is 720p on TV, sub-HD on gamepad).

And again, it is silly to argue that Mario Kart 8 is better than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Forgot to mention that Deluxe has all of the DLC in my earlier post, but that is yet another huge point in MK8D's favour.

I'm not saying the improvements of Deluxe are enough to justify rebuying the game (I personally didn't), but for those who have not yet purchase MK8, Deluxe is without question the best version.

Also, stop using "paid online" as a point in the Wii U version's favour. No one has paid a single cent for Switch online.

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 weeks ago#25
jimi_dini posted...
So Mario kart now runs at 120 fps?
Or still at 60 fps just like on Wii U.
So how does it "run better"? That works for last gen ports on the other "consoles", because the other consoles delivered 30 fps at best when you were lucky.

The Wii U version was glitched to skip frames, not to mention at 720p.
It's not much, but performance is performance. Flawless framerate at 1080p is an objective improvement.

jimi_dini posted...
Rayman Legends

Okay, I got one title out of four wrong. Commence 'Switch is a Joke' rant over a third party title.

jimi_dini posted...
What you even doing here? Trolling?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
Old meme, but still checks out here.

jimi_dini posted...
I'm simply not dumb enough to spend money on games that I already played 3 or 4 or 5 years ago, especially when nu-Nintendo f***s everything up left and right.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/129/Moving-the-Goalposts

This argument was about if said ports were downgrades, not that they were worth buying again.

Guess what, Wii U is no longer in production and not everyone who owns a Switch also owns a U. Stop acting entitled over sharing some software like a child not willing to share some toys.

How about going to a dictionary and looking up 'Downgrade'? It's not the same as 'Redundant'. Shocking, I know.

TheRushDawg
4 weeks ago#26
Seacliff217 posted...

Guess what, Wii U is no longer in production and not everyone who owns a Switch also owns a U. Stop acting entitled over sharing some software like a child not willing to share some toys.

So true. A ton of people who skipped the Wii U have picked up the Switch and were very excited to be able to play games like Mario Kart 8, Breath of the Wild, Pokken and now Bayonetta 2.

If a Wii U owner (such as myself) decides it is not worth double dipping on a particular title, that is totally their call. But none of that changes the fact that the Switch versions are superior to the Wii U versions in many ways.

And the Switch has a ton of great games for Wii U owners, even if you don't buy any of the enhanced ports. Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, ARMS, etc. are all great original content.

TL:DR - Just buy a Switch haters, instead of fruitlessly (and embarrassingly) trying to argue that the Wii U is somehow superior to the Switch
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived