wii u had a short lifespan

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wii u had a short lifespan

User Info: VaultDwelIer

VaultDwelIer
1 month ago#1
and I got burned for that, no way im getting the switch till after 4 years and at that point still has a strong line up of games releasing after
https://psnprofiles.com/VaultDweller/log?order=rarity&rarity=ultra-rare&dir=asc

User Info: este914

este914
1 month ago#2
why exactly do you feel like you "got burned" though?

-

User Info: VaultDwelIer

VaultDwelIer
1 month ago#3
cus i bought my wii u like 2 years ago, didnt know nintendo was going to kill it 5 months later
https://psnprofiles.com/VaultDweller/log?order=rarity&rarity=ultra-rare&dir=asc

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 month ago#4
Well I bought my Wii U at launch with hopes of playing an already announced and publicly demoed Ghost Recon Online game that was never released. Not to mention other independent games that were announced early, and I was waiting to play on Wii U for years that never released either. So I can relate to feeling burned about owning this console. Also I just don't like the Switch hardware concept as much as the Wii U. Second screen gaming was much more useful and exciting to me in a home console than full portability. So as much as I want to play Splatoon 2, I just can't force myself to buy the console that it is on when i don't really like it at all.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#5
not as short as the dreamcast.

People seem to keep forgetting that.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
4 weeks ago#6
Gargomon251 posted...

Difference being SEGA wanted to keep the Dreamcast alive but couldn't because they pretty much had no money at all after years of screwing up with past hardware. That and they spent way too much money advertising the Dreamcast as they spent $100 Million on advertisements alone. Think about that for a minute. That's the budget of most Hollywood movies in 2017 and this was in 1999. Also not having EA as a partner hurt their potential hardware unit sales and this again goes back to how poorly they treated 3rd party Devs/Publishers with the Saturn & Sega CD years prior. There's a plethora of reasons why the Dreamcast was discontinued so early but none of them were because it was a bad console with a bad game library.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#7
People need to learn that "average" is not the same as "bad".

Just because the wii U wasn't the BEST doesn't mean it was the WORST.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
4 weeks ago#8
I just got my Wii U a month ago, and I'm playing it more than any other gaming platform at this time. There are a dozen or so gems and several amusing oddities. Plenty of good indie games too.
Having known what I was getting into, I'm quite happy.

For the record, I got my Dreamcast late in its lifespan, and I was satisfied with it. I definitely got my money's worth from it, but I actually think I'll be getting more use from my Wii U. I have more games for the Wii U already, although that's probably just because I'm an adult with a job now.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
4 weeks ago#9
Gargomon251 posted...

so it's the 2nd worst thing, you seem to be forgetting that

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#10
Switch already has one great game. One more than what Wii U had.

If you bought Wii U..... yeah, you have to buy Switch + Odyssey.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. wii u had a short lifespan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived