Wii U games on a 4K TV. Is there any point?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U games on a 4K TV. Is there any point?

User Info: duality48

duality48
1 month ago#1
Do they get up scaled at all?
PS4 - Caboose128, Xbox 360 - Giefs Galore, Wii U - Hit_Factory_24.

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
1 month ago#2
Wii U only outputs at 1080p max. Your TV will perform scaling to 4K, of the output image only. There is no advantage over a 1080p TV.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#3
Not really, I play all my WiiU games on 4k, they still look good, but nothing special
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: SPDShadowRanger

SPDShadowRanger
1 month ago#4
I don't know how it works to be honest, but my TV seems to either scale them or adjust the settings to match the Wii U/Switch's output. Most games looks great still.
Sun and Moon Teams
http://imgur.com/6ppQTRz

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
1 month ago#5
Any time a console has a max output (which is 1080p for the Wii U), a higher resolution TV (such as 4K) will only kind of try and pressure the graphics to look slightly better -- regardless of what technical lingo you want to describe it as. The result, in some cases, will actually make the graphics potentially look worse or distorted... And in other times in may be a trade off between some elements of the graphics looking better, and others looking worse and/or distorted.

A good example is trying to play a classic Nintendo game in full 1080p on the wrong TV with bad settings (in a worst case scenario); it just isn't going to look good...

The Wii U games already look spectacular on a regular 1080p HD TV...
Injustice #1 Rank/Garden Warfare 2 #1 Rank/Gears of War 2 #1 Rank/17 Time Oddworld #1 Rank/MGS5 FOB #1 Rank/12 TIME WORLD RECORD HOLDER (twitch.tv/iiice_cold)

User Info: jhon2345

jhon2345
1 month ago#6
Wii U games + Pc= 4K
This is the only way to get 4k graphics on your 4KTV
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U games on a 4K TV. Is there any point?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived