Top 5 reasons(or more) 2 own a Wii U over a Switch..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Top 5 reasons(or more) 2 own a Wii U over a Switch..

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#1
I asked my Mom to order me a refurbished Wii U for Xmas & GameFAQsers keep giving me s*** about it. Why the hell would u want a Wii U over a Switch? You know most or all of the Wii U games will be ported to Switch right. Reasons for wanting a Wii U are as follows:

. 1) Unlike the Switch, it'll play Wii games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Sin and Punishment: Star Successor-which looks to be an awesome shooter

2) Super Mario 3D World, not on Switch

3) Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2(I know, I know. The big announcement Bayonetta 3 through og on Switch) When though? I'd like 2 play Bayonetta 2 right now. Which system has it? Wii U

4) Wonderful 101-this game looks like nothing I've ever seen before. I could seriously see myself getting immersed in it

5) Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers-looks to b another Nintendo gem-only on Wii U

6) Pikmin 3, sure-undoubtedly Pikmin 4 will hit the Switch some time in the next couple of years, but what about now? I don't want to wait that long

7) Refurbished Wii U from Nintendo store $175. Switch, $300

8) Games for Wii & Wii U much cheaper.

9) Much much bigger lineup of games

10) Yoshi's Wooly World

What r your top 5 reasons for standing by the Wii U?
I can't wait to play SMG on it & Captain Toad. It will keep me busy for years. They'e a Lot of Wii hedden gems & Super Mario 3D is a must play. I couldn't be happier about my decision to ask for a Wii U, I am VERY excited. Might get a Switch someday but the Wii U is a MUCH better fit for me right now.

Has anybody else chosen A Wii U instead of a Switch?
GT: Bludluvr Currently playing Yooka-Laylee & Voodoo Vince Remastered

User Info: Bellum_Sacrum

Bellum_Sacrum
1 month ago#2
I can't help but assume that TC was actually crying during the bold text parts.
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."

Nodrog77
1 month ago#3
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
I can't help but assume that TC was actually crying during the bold text parts.

I WAS. Sniffle....

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
1 month ago#4
2 own a Wii U?

Why yes, I do own 2 Wii U. Both were great buys.

But really it's always a good deal to buy last gen games and systems because they are always so cheap.
I like og Xbox so much I made a youtube about it.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLoMsQgAsN0scmkQvievLA

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#5
To respond to your reasons:

1) Fair, though I expect Wii games will come to the Switch Virtual Console. Absolutely valid argument based on what we know today though.

2) Super Mario Odyssey > Super Mario 3D World, so Switch wins the battle of exclusive 3D Mario. Both are great games worth owning though.

3) Not a valid reason. Bayonetta 1 & 2 are coming to the Switch in 2 months, which is not a long wait. The Switch versions are guaranteed to be better than the Wii U versions too, since they will be fully portable.

4) Wonderful 101 is a total hidden gem, though its creator has heavily hinted at a Switch port. There is a good chance the game will not remain exclusive.

5) Captain Toad is a total hidden gem and I expect it will remain exclusive.

6) You are correct that Pikmin 4 will come to the Switch at some point. Miyamoto said the game was done years ago, so I wonder what is taking so long. Pikmin 3 might get ported too. Nintendo has a history of porting Pikmin games from less successful systems (GameCube) to more successful ones (Wii U).

7) No question Wii Us are cheaper to buy. Refurbs from Nintendo are practically brand new. Good chance some of them might actually be brand new too, since Nintendo seemed to recall a bunch of unsold systems last fall.

8) For the most part, though some new Wii U games are still going for full MSRP. Used games are plentiful though and can be had for much less than MSRP.

9) For now, but the Switch is getting new games at a much faster rate than the Wii U ever did. This won't be the case for long, but is true at the time of your post.

10) Also on 3DS. Also, the Switch gets an exclusive Yoshi game in 2018. Not really a great reason.

Overall, I hope you enjoy your new Wii U and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#6
I should also add that f you want to purchase any games from the Wii Virtual Console or Wii Ware, get on that sooner rather than later.

The last day to add points to the Wii Shop Channel is March 26, 2018 and the Wii Shop Channel closes on January 30, 2019.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

Nodrog77
1 month ago#7
In my post, 1 thing I tried to emphasize is the now part of it. I know almost all of the best Wii U games will be ported or have a better version, but I'm looking 4 a good, cheaper quick fix. A lot of my Reasons concede that said game will not always be an exclusive. SMO may be greater than 3D World, but for at LEAST a year or two, the Switch will only have one 3D Mario game while the Wii U has 3 available from the eshop..right off the bat. That's the biggest difference to me. I don't want to miss out on 3D World, Galaxy 1 or Galaxy 2. I've waited too long to play those games.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
4 weeks ago#8
No offense, but why is it when people make topics about getting a Wii U they HAVE to explain why they aren't getting a Switch? Seriously, just say you're getting a Wii U and what you look forward to playing and hope to get. No need to say Switch doesn't have this or that. Yeah, we get it, Switch hasn't even been out a full year yet. What do you expect?

Again, not trying to be rude, it just seems people always got to include the Switch in these kind of topics. I own both systems, they are both great in their own rights. I honestly hope you enjoy your Wii U and I look forward to hearing about your experiences with it.

User Info: Megathorn22

Megathorn22
4 weeks ago#9
BotW is on Wii U and that game could last you a long time depending. If you’re interested, that is.

TC, I also very highly recommend
NES Remix 1 and 2. You can get both on eshop for $10 a pop. Very fun and unique games.

Nodrog77
4 weeks ago#10
Arcade2 posted...
No offense, but why is it when people make topics about getting a Wii U they HAVE to explain why they aren't getting a Switch? Seriously, just say you're getting a Wii U and what you look forward to playing and hope to get. No need to say Switch doesn't have this or that. Yeah, we get it, Switch hasn't even been out a full year yet. What do you expect?

Again, not trying to be rude, it just seems people always got to include the Switch in these kind of topics. I own both systems, they are both great in their own rights. I honestly hope you enjoy your Wii U and I look forward to hearing about your experiences with it.

Right on...I have included the Switch for a couple of reasons-1. Now adays, the greater majority of gamers would assume that if another gamer is going to get themselves a Nintendo Console that it will be a Switch because it's the newest & supposed to be the best. So there's that reason( In my mind, someone going for a Wii U instead of a Switch is not unheard of but uncommon enough to spark up an interesting discussion).

. 2. A lot of people knock the Wii U & would & do put someone down for buying a Wii U when a " superior " Nintendo console is available. So Arcade I am motivated by those two things, That it can open up an interesting conversation because people like me are definately in the minority & because a LOT of people w/ Switches look down on the Wii U as an alternative to the Switch when in reality..it is possible for a Wii U to be a person's best option...depending on what they're looking for, how soon they want it-& what their budget is like.

Does my explanation make sense 2 u? I'm not putting down the Switch, just saying that this is my choice & it COULD be the best option for someone else too.

. Thank you for your kind words. I hope the same for U w/ your Switch especially.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Top 5 reasons(or more) 2 own a Wii U over a Switch..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived