Top 5 reasons(or more) 2 own a Wii U over a Switch..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Top 5 reasons(or more) 2 own a Wii U over a Switch..

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#21
@Seacliff217

Bayonetta 1 doesn't count as a third party game when it is being published by Nintendo (even though it is 100% a SEGA-owned game developed by Platinum). Nintendo is publishing it, so they have to own the decision to make Bayo 1 a digital download.

With that said, I'd ignore jimi_dini; he's an irrational Switch hater. Switch is absolutely killing it; you'd think these Wii U fanboys would be happy to see Nintendo succeed.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
1 month ago#22
Jimi_dini, I was referring to the Switch not having this game, or that game. I know I didn't state that, so my bad. Seeing as the Switch hasn't been out a year, but it's whatever. Sorry for not making myself clear. As it is, I'm cool with it all. I didn't even play my Switch today but just had a blast playing the Wii U.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#23
Arcade2 posted...
Jimi_dini, I was referring to the Switch not having this game, or that game. I know I didn't state that, so my bad. Seeing as the Switch hasn't been out a year, but it's whatever. Sorry for not making myself clear. As it is, I'm cool with it all. I didn't even play my Switch today but just had a blast playing the Wii U.

Wii U Rocks!
GT: Bludluvr Currently playing Yooka-Laylee & Voodoo Vince Remastered

User Info: este914

este914
1 month ago#24
I'd buy a U if it wasn't so damn expensive still

-

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
1 month ago#25
Wii VC is #1 reason atm.
Komm suesser Tod

User Info: morningglory05

morningglory05
1 month ago#26
TC- the Wii U is a great console and you will enjoy it for all the reasons you cited above. With all do respect, you've made your decision, so why do you need our blessings anyways? Do you really care about what others think that much? Enjoy the Wii U and don't get upset if you don't have 100% approval with your decision.

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
1 month ago#27
I own a Switch and a Wii U so I will give my top five reasons from actually having both consoles:

1) Off-TV multiplayer. Hyrule Warriors, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, CoD 1v1 are best played with off-TV multiplayer. Splitting the screen for Fire Emblem Warriors feels like a giant step backward from the progression Wii U offers.

2) Multimedia apps. Especially the internet browser. Even when Switch gets an internet browser, it will be inferior to Wii U's internet browser.

3) Uses Wii Remote. Especially pointer controls which are far superior to dual analog in most instances. I wish Switch used pointer controls... DOOM would be playable for me.

4) Backward compatible. Absolutely awesome to be able to put in old Wii titles and play them conveniently (even though I do still have a Wii hooked up to a different television in the house).

5) Higher rate of physical releases. Switch seems to be getting games at a great pace but so many of them are digital only or inflated in price (because of the cart medium). Some, like Sine Mora Ex are getting very limited physical runs (I have never seen the game in any store) and downloading games with a larger file size is frustrating, time consuming, and expensive (buying a large SD card can be an expensive endeavor... even when they go on sale). Even some physical games like NBA2K18 still require a download to play and even though Wii U ports were inferior (just as Switch ports are inferior), at least they were not inferior AND inconvenient.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Top 5 reasons(or more) 2 own a Wii U over a Switch..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived