Will I like this game if I liked

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Will I like this game if I liked

User Info: kcheung5440

kcheung5440
4 years ago#1
Borderlands, but didn't like Far Cry 2?

Those two games are my first shooter/rpg titles I've tried. I am nearing the end of Borderlands, and am having an absolute blast- I really like collecting weapons, the game has a sense of humor, and it is fun to play (as a sniper). I'm definitely getting 2, but I want to wait for the version with all the DLC included (like I did here).

That said, I played (and still own) Far Cry 2 before Borderlands, and really only got to the first town (Pala?). The game just wasn't fun at all, and I'd only played for a few minutes. I recall really hating the generic surroundings and the lack of radar. I also had a ton of trouble with the diamond detector (?)
The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

User Info: zombiehunting84

zombiehunting84
4 years ago#2
Nothing like borderlands. The skills you get in farcry 3 are more basic skills you should already have in a FPS. Its not powers like in borderlands. Its not an RPG in the sense that Borderlands is either. Its still a normal FPS when it comes to the gameplay
PSN: ThePixies Windows Live ID: ThePixies84

User Info: MrRandyRhoads

MrRandyRhoads
4 years ago#3
I didn't like Far Cry 2 but I loved every minute of this game.
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
4 years ago#4
The quality leap between FC2 and FC 3 is epic!

Far Cry 3 is one kick ass ride.
Itchy Tasty!
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Will I like this game if I liked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived