Why is everyone so afraid of sharks and crocs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Why is everyone so afraid of sharks and crocs?

User Info: Ace81892

Ace81892
4 years ago#1
Crocs die to an easy QTE and sharks are pretty easy to get away from. Honestly all of the animals in this game are pretty weak compared to something like the cougars from Red Dead Redemption.
"THIS ISN'T STRAWBERRY! IT'S RAWBERRY!" -ChoZo
GT: VaultDweller01

User Info: Malcyon

Malcyon
4 years ago#2
Because I have a legitimate fear of sharks and crocs/alligators.

Sharks are the reason why I refuse to step foot in the ocean, and both are a partial reason why I will never go to Australia.

Ace81892
4 years ago#3
Malcyon posted...

Sharks are the reason why I refuse to step foot in the ocean, and both are a partial reason why I will never go to Australia.

Well yeah it makes sense to be afraid of a real croc, I live in Florida and I've seen a croc put a dent in a car with it's tail. Sharks really are an irrational fear though. They almost never attack humans. However, in game they are pushovers and can't really do a hell of a lot.

User Info: Gobey6

Gobey6
4 years ago#4
Because they're just sneaky and spooky... The damage they do in game is irrelevant
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6

User Info: Malcyon

Malcyon
4 years ago#5
http://www.seesharks.com/images/index/Great-White-Shark-Diving-5.jpg

Look at that ****ing thing, it's irrational to even want to be near one.

I'd rather go one-on-one against Cthulu with a foam pool noodle as my weapon than treed water 300 yards away from a shark.

Ace81892
4 years ago#6
Gobey6 posted...
Because they're just sneaky and spooky... The damage they do in game is irrelevant

Meh, I guess jump scares just are not as effective on me as they are on some people. Still, it seems like people are making a really big deal out of them.

Ace81892
4 years ago#7
Malcyon posted...
http://www.seesharks.com/images/index/Great-White-Shark-Diving-5.jpg

Look at that ****ing thing, it's irrational to even want to be near one.

I'd rather go one-on-one against Cthulu with a foam pool noodle as my weapon than treed water 300 yards away from a shark.

They have the potential to do a great deal of harm, but not the motivation. If you are going to be afraid of everything that can possibly hurt you then enjoy not going outside. It just boggles my mind that people can get in cars every day without a second though, but then crap their pants at the sight of a shark.

User Info: Webstedge

Webstedge
4 years ago#8
it's the shock value for me. I've actually died to more than a few crocs for just dropping my controller or something because I had the crap scared out of me
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg

User Info: VileFiddle

VileFiddle
4 years ago#9
Ace81892 posted...
They have the potential to do a great deal of harm, but not the motivation. If you are going to be afraid of everything that can possibly hurt you then enjoy not going outside. It just boggles my mind that people can get in cars every day without a second though, but then crap their pants at the sight of a shark.

Last time I checked, cars aren't giant fish with razor sharp teeth.

It's irrational of you to criticize people's fears and assume they're terrified of anything that can hurt them. Fear of sharks is incredibly common, I don't fear them myself but if they suddenly went extinct (and don't give any stupid hippie garbage about the ecosystem) I would not bat an eye.

Sharks can have plenty of motivation to attack people.

User Info: tabby3

tabby3
4 years ago#10
Malcyon posted...

Lord help you when you learn some sharks can survive in fresh water.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Why is everyone so afraid of sharks and crocs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived