Anyone else get bored toward the end? *spoilers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Anyone else get bored toward the end? *spoilers

User Info: LeftWid3Open

LeftWid3Open
4 years ago#1
Not bashing the game in any way. In fact, I was obsessed with it when I first got it. The gameplay is solid, and the atmosphere is unbelievable, but the game feels so dead to me and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I take out every outpost? All I'm really left with is killing a bear, or stabbing someone because it's Rakyat tradition. As for the story, Jason blows to me and Vaas being alive made the story infinitely better.

Anyways, that's my rant. It sounds like I hate the game but I don't. Great gameplay and atmosphere with a pretty good story is an obvious recipe for success but I'm just....bored.
Suggestions?

End blog.

User Info: VelvenCross

VelvenCross
4 years ago#2
I wanted to get into this game just as much as the hypers did. But it never happened... I didn't finish the first island even before I got bored with it. Vaas being praised as much as he is, I don't understand why... he isn't anything special. But the game would have been better playing through Vaas' past, and letting us choose his path at the end. That or having a purpose to actually explore besides crappy collectables that add nothing, which you can just buy a map to pinpoint them all anyways. I've made a a few negative posts about it, but I don't hate it either, just disappointed.

User Info: lunarsword

lunarsword
4 years ago#3
Every time I replay through I always seem to quit once I meet Sam. His portion just screams, CoD clone.
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive

User Info: squiggy9996999

squiggy9996999
4 years ago#4
i didn;t get bored but do find the game is boring if you unlock all of the outposts (who are you going to fight now?). on my 2nd save file i do not liberate outposts outside of one or two for specific requirements.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Anyone else get bored toward the end? *spoilers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived