Monsters keep spawning in my house D:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Monsters keep spawning in my house D:

User Info: BraindeadRacr

BraindeadRacr
5 years ago#1
It's fully made of wood, entirely closed off besides a door and a window made out glass and everytime I head into bed something kicks my ass during it and wakes me. T-T

What gives? T-T
"The car-bra is for your mom, Peg. See it's even in her size - ASTROVAN!" - Al Bundy
GT: Faith of Faye / PSN: Lt_McBadass

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
5 years ago#2
Tried putting torches around?
Best Possible Explanation for Mass Effect 3 Ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv8XMX2ITt4&feature=related

User Info: Roxas_1124

Roxas_1124
5 years ago#3
Put multiple torches inside and outside.
GT- CWest2424
I am like a geico ninja. Yeah, Geico ninja. :D

User Info: DraizenDatain

DraizenDatain
5 years ago#4
I know the frustration you must be feeling, I have the same thing happening to me as well...
PSN: SoulWing
Gamertag: KuroZakku

User Info: hamphiendX

hamphiendX
5 years ago#5
don't put your bed in the corner
BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!
"I'M DR. TED NELSON!" - Dr. Ted Nelson

User Info: iwantu23

iwantu23
5 years ago#6
Lol they're trying to teach you essential minecraft architecture skills. You can solve it in many ways.

The most simple would be - don't place your bed on the first floor. You also need to make certain you have a roof. It's often beneficial to dig under your house 2 layers of block and check for holes/ paths to dungeons that may cause unwanted monsters. If you stone 2 layers under your house whether there are holes or not that eliminates the possibility.

And make sure there is a block of space between your bed on either side from the edge of the home; or you can surround the area directly beside your bed with two layers of blocks.

User Info: DraizenDatain

DraizenDatain
5 years ago#7
i can't describe the other guy's case, but my house is 5x5 and 4 high, got 8 torches inside (2 on each wall) as well as 8 on the outside (same as inside). My bed is dead center against the back wall, coming out towards the door. Nothing spawns in the house UNTIL I try to sleep in the bed, a Zombie or Skeleton always foil my plans for a peaceful slumber.

EDIT: I've also never had a problem like this while playing the game on PC, my style of building hasn't changed either.
PSN: SoulWing
Gamertag: KuroZakku

User Info: iwantu23

iwantu23
5 years ago#8
DraizenDatain posted...
i can't describe the other guy's case, but my house is 5x5 and 4 high, got 8 torches inside (2 on each wall) as well as 8 on the outside (same as inside). My bed is dead center against the back wall, coming out towards the door. Nothing spawns in the house UNTIL I try to sleep in the bed, a Zombie or Skeleton always foil my plans for a peaceful slumber.

If the head/foot of the bed OR either side is adjacent to a wall that could be causing your problem. Perhaps make a chimney outside the house adjacent to the wall where your bed is in contact with said wall. That would eliminate the threat while adding a nice piece to the house simultaneously.

User Info: hamphiendX

hamphiendX
5 years ago#9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97yDuOeP_E&feature=related
BIG MONEY! BIG PRIZES! I LOVE IT!
"I'M DR. TED NELSON!" - Dr. Ted Nelson

User Info: BraindeadRacr

BraindeadRacr
5 years ago#10
Well both solutions helped; I just build a second floor like one of you guys mentioned and it no longer spawns skeletons/zombies on my damn face <3

Still was quite odd though, I got torches all over, sitting on a flat bed of land, nothing ever spawns indoors until I slept D:
"The car-bra is for your mom, Peg. See it's even in her size - ASTROVAN!" - Al Bundy
GT: Faith of Faye / PSN: Lt_McBadass
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Monsters keep spawning in my house D:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived