Lava stories and tips

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Splinterscat

Splinterscat
4 years ago#1
Okay, so I'm not new at Minecraft, but it has been awhile since I played the game. I'd like to share with you some stories and tips of our (my friends and I) first day playing XBox Minecraft.

* Watch your step: My friends finally got on yesterday morning; but, as I was getting ready to save my single player world to join them for some multiplayer fun, that's when I "found" surface lava. Yeah. I was just jogging along and checking the area out, with my map held out... when I stepped off of a ledge, right into lava. I think I hurt their ears by yelling over and over again into the mic, "Noooooo.... !"

* Never mine the block right below you: A couple of friends and I were exploring in a cave (found our first dungeon in this cave!), when I found a very nice pocket of diamonds (our first diamonds). I was happily gathering the diamonds and listening to the chatter of my friends, when I accidentally hit the block below me... and proceeded to fall straight into a deep pool of lava. (We did manage to get three diamonds that had not been mined, but I lost at least four :( It was the biggest pocket of diamonds I had ever found in a Minecraft game.)

*Carry a bucket of water when exploring in caves: In this same cave, my friend was set on fire by lava. I ran and poured water on him, which put the fire out and saved him :)

* Lava and wood should not be placed next or too near each other: Another group of my friends were playing on a separate world (but were in the party), and asked me about putting lava in their wooden house. I gave them the warnings that wood and fire do not mix well in Minecraft, and I advised them to at least place stone around the lava... but I guess they were not careful enough, since their house caught on fire.
There's Me, Myself and I; if they don't say, I might.
I'm running down the highway, looking for the enemy... Dang, I got killed.

User Info: Splinterscat

Splinterscat
4 years ago#2
I wanted to add some fun info: set a pig on fire, and it'll drop you cooked pork chops.

Note: If there is surface lava, be careful not to plant trees too close to it, because they could catch on fire.

Also, if anyone has a lava/fire story of their first day (or any tips), please share :)
There's Me, Myself and I; if they don't say, I might.
I'm running down the highway, looking for the enemy... Dang, I got killed.

User Info: Dragena01

Dragena01
4 years ago#3
I was mining some Gold next to a stream of lava. That's when I heard a hissing sound behind me, and the Creeper exploded. It didn't kill me, but it ricocheted me into the lava, burning me to death. D:
Let's Play My Little Pony: Story of the Blanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQG1h49fT0

User Info: fireball2020

fireball2020
4 years ago#4
Was branch mining for gold and diamonds earlier, and wasn't quite paying attention. Mined a bit, walked forward, and found myself in a pit of lava, unable to get out. Lost quite of bit of iron, coal, and redstone...

User Info: ollie229

ollie229
4 years ago#5
I was playing earlier today on my lunch break with a friend. We were both down deep mining in separate tunnels when I heard him go "NOOOooooo..." I asked him what happened and he said that he came across some gold ore up near the ceiling. He mined a block right over his head and was immediately showered in lava coming from the ceiling. I managed to salvage most of the ore and plug up the worst of the lava. Then I spent 30 minutes creating a nice looking 'lavafall' chamber.

The coolest thing is that after mining a little farther on, my friend hit an underground river. I didn't have time to mess around with it then, but when I get home I'm going to divert the water to the same chamber and see what kind of chaos I can cause.

User Info: RedEyeHairy

RedEyeHairy
4 years ago#6
I found my first stash of diamonds and gold, I quickly dig up the diamonds but as I dig up the gold I fell into a lava pit and lost everything.....I was so pissed
GT: Da Rapier
"guns dont kill people, but they sure as hell make it easier."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived