Fastest way to obtain arrow materials and how to mine correctly?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Fastest way to obtain arrow materials and how to mine correctly?

User Info: ESKELET0

ESKELET0
5 years ago#1
I want to main a bow but I never have enough ammunition to satisfy.

And what to do I do to find diamonds? Just mine down until I hit bedrock?
Topics never die, they're just M.I.A.

User Info: banished09

banished09
5 years ago#2
either build a mob trap and get them from skeletons.. or kill skeletons manually
poke_123rules poked me.
The hottest chick you'll ever know: http://youtu.be/v42cQBH6o88

User Info: ESKELET0

ESKELET0
5 years ago#3
banished09 posted...
either build a mob trap and get them from skeletons.. or kill skeletons manually

How does one build this "mob trap"?
Topics never die, they're just M.I.A.

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
5 years ago#4
Killing skeletons (unless you use a spawner) is a very crappy way to get arrows. Kill chickens and zombies any chance you get for their feathers. Get 20 gravel, build a pillar, and shovel it down, build it, and shovel it, etc. Each time you have a chance to get flint.
Gamertag: Archlvt
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207

User Info: donny11b

donny11b
5 years ago#5
Hey man i can show you how to make a pretty sweet mob trap. I started yeterday and have like 200+ arrows because of it. My GT is D0NNY1 (the 0 in D0NNY1 is a zero.)

User Info: Maceonn

Maceonn
5 years ago#6
In order to get arrows you should probably kill skeletons. The mob trap idea is that if you find a dungeon that has a mob spawner inside of it that is spawning skeletons, you can create a trap so that when the skeletons spawn they die and you can collect their stuff. It takes time and luck to find a spawner though.
To mine you should be at the level 13 or bellow (13 counting from bedrock up). Then mine in a straight line however many blocks you want, then go back to where you started and mine in another straight line but this line is 3 blocks away from the original line. It should look like this:

L SS L SS L SS L
L SS L SS L SS L
L SS L SS L SS L

L=Line S=Stone (or any other block)
This makes it so you can see both sides of the wall without having to do any extra work.

User Info: donny11b

donny11b
5 years ago#7
The spawner theory you have is very flawed my friend. Skeletons will spawn in the dark regardless of a spawner.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Fastest way to obtain arrow materials and how to mine correctly?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived