Animals aren't spawning in my world anymore...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Animals aren't spawning in my world anymore...

User Info: spike_kyle

spike_kyle
4 years ago#1
Is this a bug or something? I did go into peaceful mode for a while in order to do a big construction job without annoyances (creepers) but I didn't think that effected animals. Now I can traverse the whole freaking world and not find a single cow, sheep, or pig.
I have to make a sig or nobody
reads the last line of my message.

User Info: ALeoCat

ALeoCat
4 years ago#2
How many tamed dogs are in your world?

If I recall correctly, I believe there is an upper limit on how many passive mobs can be in a world at any time. Too many tamed dogs and no other passives will spawn.

spike_kyle
4 years ago#3
I have 19 dogs... that would make sense. That's more than I've ever had in one world before.

spike_kyle
4 years ago#4
Yep that was it. I killed the 3 dogs I found recently and animals are spawning again. Thanks!

User Info: ALeoCat

ALeoCat
4 years ago#5
No problem, although only 19 dogs does sound rather low for a limit. I recall having around 50 wolves when they were first introduced in the PC version before they stopped spawning. I guess they decreased the number for the Xbox.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Animals aren't spawning in my world anymore...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived