Gunpowder?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Aleksander11774

Aleksander11774
5 years ago#1
Can you get it from anywhere else than a Creeper? I play on peaceful, but want tnt for blast-mining to make things go faster.
You can be the Dub to my Step because I wub wub wub you!

User Info: Sicario001

Sicario001
5 years ago#2
I'm quite eager to find this out as well.
I'm doing fishsticks you know, it is a very delicate state of mind.
XboxLive - TheDrunkITGuy

User Info: raith018

raith018
5 years ago#3
Im pretty sure you can only get gunpowder from dungeons (places with mob spawners underground) on peaceful mode

User Info: overkill_78

overkill_78
5 years ago#4
You can get it from Ghasts as well, but that doesn't help on Peaceful.
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill

User Info: SlientxStatik24

SlientxStatik24
5 years ago#5
Yes, you can get gunpowder from chests in cave systems. While I was exploring a MASSIVE cavern system, I found two monster spawners, in close proximity to each other. My best advice I can give you, is to look for monster spawners, seal them, make sure you identify where they are and then come back later on peaceful. I usually play on normal, but for your sake, play on peaceful.
Creepers also occasionally drop gunpowder, but chests have them in much larger amounts.

User Info: butsizzle

butsizzle
5 years ago#6
Quote:Yes, you can get gunpowder from chests in cave systems. While I was exploring a MASSIVE cavern system, I found two monster spawners, in close proximity to each other. My best advice I can give you, is to look for monster spawners, seal them, make sure you identify where they are and then come back later on peaceful. I usually play on normal, but for your sake, play on peaceful.
Creepers also occasionally drop gunpowder, but chests have them in much larger amounts.

@SlientxStatik24

Minecraft has random chests in dungeons? (serious question)
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
5 years ago#7
Just go on Easy and kill Creepers. Me and my bro were playing on Easy today just to get used to monster invasions and a sense of survival. We built a house under a cove. Built a farm in there and we are currently building a roof out of stone.

We just do what we need to do through the night, he usually mines and I usually just take down any monsters nearby or try and get flint from the gravel we have collected and make materials. I then go out during the day to take out remaining Creepers. So far we have made two TNT and I tested them out for the first time.
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu

User Info: ssj3blade

ssj3blade
5 years ago#8
Make a mob grinder on Easy and then collect your sweet sweet prizes.
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica

User Info: unjustchimp

unjustchimp
5 years ago#9
@butsizzle, yes there are random chests in minecraft. I think they only appear in rooms with monster generators though. As far as having gunpowder in them, I have never seen it myself but I'm sure it is possible. I did find some cocoa beans in one though.
Ummm, note the sarcasm.

User Info: Aleksander11774

Aleksander11774
5 years ago#10
Mob Grinder?
You can be the Dub to my Step because I wub wub wub you!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived