Did they change the weather?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Did they change the weather?

User Info: Chirotera

Chirotera
4 years ago#1
It's raining in all my snowy parts - will it snow again? I chose this location to build because I like to way the snow gathers on my houses and what not - will be disappointed if that will no longer occur.
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5

User Info: Icekingx

Icekingx
4 years ago#2
I was about to ask the same thing. My world was ALL snow and as soon as I logged in it was raining all over, not one ounce of snow anywhere on the map.

User Info: hylianslayer

hylianslayer
4 years ago#3
it was the opposite for me, rain became snow. my pool keeps freezing over, plus my pond for my waterfull freezes also. i need the waterfall to hide my cave entrance.
Savior of Hyrule; White lawliot-1678 9390 8407, platinum anthony-3482 8253 5312

User Info: codyallen25

codyallen25
4 years ago#4
Well before the update I had a hard time finding mainly snowy worlds, now it seems every seed I come up with is at least 50% snow and ice
When life gives you a Salt lick you make Larryade -- Acadias

User Info: hylianslayer

hylianslayer
4 years ago#5
i also had a funny moment where it there was rain and snow side by side
Savior of Hyrule; White lawliot-1678 9390 8407, platinum anthony-3482 8253 5312

Chirotera
4 years ago#6
Icekingx posted...
I was about to ask the same thing. My world was ALL snow and as soon as I logged in it was raining all over, not one ounce of snow anywhere on the map.

That's what I can't figure out. My world was 75% snow covered. And it'd snow when you walked to those areas. Now it's all rain... which makes me pretty sad.

User Info: decepticondevil

decepticondevil
4 years ago#7
Yeah, it seems something they did screwed the weather up. Now all the deserts in my map are covered in snow.

Chirotera
4 years ago#8
Sounds like this is intended. They changed the biome codes so that old biome weather now changes to whatever the new code is. Thus my beautiful castle village I had planned to be covered in snow, is ruined. I don't want to touch my old world now, and given I've spent 100s of hours there I don't really feel like starting a new world either.

So, great job there.

User Info: DarkSaister

DarkSaister
4 years ago#9
At my world where there used to be a desert is now ice and every 2-3 days it starts raining for 2 days
no lolligaggin

User Info: decepticondevil

decepticondevil
4 years ago#10
Chirotera posted...
Sounds like this is intended. They changed the biome codes so that old biome weather now changes to whatever the new code is. Thus my beautiful castle village I had planned to be covered in snow, is ruined. I don't want to touch my old world now, and given I've spent 100s of hours there I don't really feel like starting a new world either.

So, great job there.

I don't know why they would intend deserts to be covered in snow, though. If it is intentional is wasn't very well thought out... a big sandy area full of cacti now getting snowed on? Doesn't really sound like something they meant to do.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Did they change the weather?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived