Hopefully this game gets away from tank like Spartans.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Hopefully this game gets away from tank like Spartans.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#1
Bungie never really did a good job of making the Spartans appear as they did in the books or even the Halo Legends video. There agile like ninja's and strong as tanks. I hope I really feel like a Spartan in this new Halo trilogy. I honestly never felt any different then any of the other soldiers around me in past Halo games except for the fact I had regenerating shield and they did not lol.

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#2
Idea that I'd like to throw out there. 3rd person mode were you can use hand to hand combat. A hybrid of FPS and THIRD PERSON would set this game apart and would allow gameplay elements for a more agile Spartan IMO.

User Info: xxKai

xxKai
6 years ago#3

I somewhat agree with you, I guess they could simply do this by making every punch make the screen shake a little? I dunno I don't want them to change anything too much but I do agree I want to feel a little more powerful and faster, like the effects they use in Vanquish when you dodge, do the matrix reflexes, or when you boost on the field

User Info: bioshock1337

bioshock1337
6 years ago#4
MASKOAAA posted...
Bungie never really did a good job of making the Spartans appear as they did in the books or even the Halo Legends video. There agile like ninja's and strong as tanks. I hope I really feel like a Spartan in this new Halo trilogy. I honestly never felt any different then any of the other soldiers around me in past Halo games except for the fact I had regenerating shield and they did not lol.

That pretty much summed up all 3 Halos for me as well.
XBL: bioshock1337

User Info: Moonlight_Surf

Moonlight_Surf
6 years ago#5
I never felt like a marine in the original trilogy. The gameplay and narrative both made it obvious that the Chief was much more than a marine.

That said, it would be cool if 343 incorporated some more agile gameplay mechanics. I haven't read the books, but that famous cut scene from Halo Wars made it clear that Spartans should be a lot more agile, even acrobatic.
I'm a model!

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#6
Moonlight do you have Netflix? If so you should watch Halo Legends its available on INSTANT.

User Info: Moonlight_Surf

Moonlight_Surf
6 years ago#7
Yep, I do. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll totally look into it.
I'm a model!

MASKOAAA
6 years ago#8
bump
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Hopefully this game gets away from tank like Spartans.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived