"God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. "God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
4 years ago#11
eh, this is nothing to do with halo

just getting older

User Info: kcoin17

kcoin17
4 years ago#12
Never get married before 30.
XBOX LIVE: C0IN
PSN: KOIN2

User Info: High_Warlord

High_Warlord
4 years ago#13
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ocjglvuE1rarrc6o1_500.gif

Just so you know, TC.
A human mage, elf archer and dwarf warrior walk into a bar.
Now loading, please wait...

User Info: MaliciousMongo

MaliciousMongo
4 years ago#14
I SWEAR I remember Halo 2 coming out like it was yesterday and though I was pretty excited for it at the time, I still can remember a few distinct things:

a) Sure, the fact that Halo's addictive multiplayer was finally online accessible was HUGE for the time, but I specifically remember while everyone else was worshipping the pedestal it sat on, I thought that Halo 2 was actually WEAKER than the original in terms of the single-player, story, weapons balancing, and maps. The ONLY significant thing it brought to the table was--again--online multiplayer.
b) Because of those aforementioned reasons and/or gripes, Halo 2, to this day, remains my least favorite Halo game and also the only one that I've only finished the campaign ONCE (except Halo 4 but it's only been out a few days).
c) I was a HUGE MGS fan at the time (still am) and my personal anticipation for MGS3 just managed to overshadow my hype for Halo 2.
d) 2004 saw a HUGE surge of AAA game releases. IIRC, Half-Life 2, GTA: San Andreas, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and uhh...Metroid Prime 2(?) all came out during that 4th quarter Holiday season. Also, the Nintendo DS released to lukewarm reception before it completely took off.
"[The name] Dreamcast makes me think of rainbows and males kissing." - HollowPinky on Nintendo's console name change to Wii

User Info: akanakin

akanakin
4 years ago#15
Nice Coheed & Cambria reference, OP.

I just saw them live a few weeks ago.
[[[|||||]]][[[[[]]]]This is confusion.[[[||||||]]][[[[[]]]||||
]]][[[||||]]][[[||Am I confusing you?]]]]][[[[|||[[[[]]]]]

User Info: Satellite_Years

Satellite_Years
4 years ago#16
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
8 years ago today Halo 2 was released. It changed the way I played games. 8 years later how come no game excites me the same way that game did? H4 is great and all but for some reason I still long for the days of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar and classic CTF on Coagulation and hell ANYTHING on Lockout. I spent probably a solid year and a half playing Halo 2 every single day... H3, ODST, and Reach were all shelved after a month and now I fear H4 may have the same fate. I have gotten my hopes up that every Halo release since 2 would return that amazing feeling of 2 to me, but so far all have failed.

Just looking back 8 years at where my life was when I was playing Halo 2 has got me reflecting on my mortality. 8 years ago I was a youthful, happy, optimistic 16 year old. I had hopes, dreams and an amazing group of friends and now I feel like I've lost myself. I'm in my mid 20's now, out of college, married to someone whom I grow to resent more and more everyday, working at a desk job that has leeched the soul out of me, never get to see any of my friends who are living out the same nightmare and honestly think if I got trampled by a semi tomorrow it would save me from the rest of my pitiful life. I miss Halo 2 and everything it represented in my life. If only I could turn back the time...

I will leave you with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yp3sxC7oVhk

godspeed

User Info: KazamA87

KazamA87
4 years ago#17
^^this guy beat me to it, nice Time Consumer referance

User Info: Deftallica

Deftallica
4 years ago#18
Wow. I didn't care for Halo 2 at all.

Also sounds like you need to work on your marriage.
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529

User Info: PharoahPelican

PharoahPelican
4 years ago#19
MarkGasoreo23 posted...
8 years ago today Halo 2 was released. It changed the way I played games. 8 years later how come no game excites me the same way that game did? H4 is great and all but for some reason I still long for the days of 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar and classic CTF on Coagulation and hell ANYTHING on Lockout. I spent probably a solid year and a half playing Halo 2 every single day... H3, ODST, and Reach were all shelved after a month and now I fear H4 may have the same fate. I have gotten my hopes up that every Halo release since 2 would return that amazing feeling of 2 to me, but so far all have failed.

Just looking back 8 years at where my life was when I was playing Halo 2 has got me reflecting on my mortality. 8 years ago I was a youthful, happy, optimistic 16 year old. I had hopes, dreams and an amazing group of friends and now I feel like I've lost myself. I'm in my mid 20's now, out of college, married to someone whom I grow to resent more and more everyday, working at a desk job that has leeched the soul out of me, never get to see any of my friends who are living out the same nightmare and honestly think if I got trampled by a semi tomorrow it would save me from the rest of my pitiful life. I miss Halo 2 and everything it represented in my life. If only I could turn back the time...

At least you got married and have friends. I went through college, tried my best to have a social life, failed miserably, and now I can't even land a job that isn't a POS minimum wage thing that I could have done if I had dropped out of high school, and because I went to college I have so much debt that I can't even move out on my own at 23 years old. Be thankful for what you have.
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.

User Info: superh

superh
4 years ago#20
screw 8 years ago.... more like 180 years ago! Live in the wild west :p
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. "God grants you one wish... To turn back the time..." 8 years ago today ='(

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived