Been playing war games since the game came out and as a long time Halo player...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Been playing war games since the game came out and as a long time Halo player...

User Info: x77654

x77654
4 years ago#31
MyBRbackfired posted...
This is how I felt with reach. I made it halfway through the first campaign mission and it didn't catch my interest one bit. Online was just as bad. I played gruntpoc until it was fixed and it got my rank to 100,000 from general, and I have up on the game entirely.

I know a lot of people hate reach but I really loved the game. I soloed the campaign on legendary with 5 skulls (every enemy was the white armor type) because i found it so challenging and interesting. Reach did make me quite sad because they removed dual-wield once and for all and halo 4 not having it just reaffirms the likelyhood that it is gone from halo forever.

I see where you are coming from though, guess how you felt about reach sounds like how i feel about 4. I feel like i've been trying to force myself to like it or find a reason to for the past few days.
C-c-c-combo Breaker ( =O'.')===O<(x_X< )

User Info: Alternative_1

Alternative_1
4 years ago#32
Oh, BR tower? BxR still means the BR is the better weapon there thanks to overall improved utility. SMG/PR killed quicker than a four shot at about 1.5* sword range, but it's not hard to avoid that and BR was much better for team shot.
tahts halo
dont worry

User Info: The Devourer

The Devourer
4 years ago#33
krillin4553 posted...
x77654 posted...
SoincMetal posted...
What was Halo 2/3 a BR show? which it was Halo CE? Pistol show.

You could defeat precision weapons in Halo 2/3 with certain dual-wield or several other tactics. Short of BXR combo you'd lose to most other guns in short range, even an SMG+melee if you both rounded the same corner at the same time. You also didn't always start the damn game with a precision weapon. Halo 1 was indeed the pistol show though lol.

In short range in 4 an AR rarely loses to a precision weapon, especially the DMR. The BR seems to fare better but I've never lost an AR/DMR duel yet. Maybe a couple AR/BR duels though.

BR seems to put out more damage if the person hits even if you are in their face with the AR. I don't know if it's always like that or any details, but I often lose against the BR if I'm using an AR, doesn't matter what range.
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Been playing war games since the game came out and as a long time Halo player...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived