What happened to all the people getting on Halo and just hanging out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. What happened to all the people getting on Halo and just hanging out?

User Info: Urdnot_Runt

Urdnot_Runt
5 years ago#21
The Mic thing just got old. Back in halo 2 and 3 it was still kind of new. Now people just don't bother

User Info: xstrudel

xstrudel
5 years ago#22
Landonio posted...
Call of Duty happened.

Back in the day of CoD4 everyone had mics in , even in WaW.
There was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

User Info: CranBerry413

CranBerry413
5 years ago#23
Yeah, it is kinda sad that today no one communicates in Halo 4...that was part of the allure to me when I started back in Halo 3. But if anyone wants a teammate with a mic, hit me up.

Gamertag = BluMayhem
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

User Info: sharksfan7

sharksfan7
5 years ago#24
Party chat changed XBL. When that feature was introduced, the amount of people using mics in-game plummeted. It's a shame. I remember playing Halo 2 when it came out and almost everybody was mic'd up and chatting. Now people just set up a private party chat with their friends.

User Info: XxkaimxX

XxkaimxX
5 years ago#25
Most people dont like getting verbally abused and being told that their mom is getting sodomized all day long.

User Info: Purps1024

Purps1024
5 years ago#26
XxkaimxX posted...
Most people dont like getting verbally abused and being told that their mom is getting sodomized all day long.

This. And I do think parties changed the game.

I think there was an allure to headsets for a couple years when they became accessible to everyone. However, when all the kids, music-blasters, and downright mean "your mom/girlfriend" rage-quitters saturated lobbies basking in their anonymousness, people just started getting fed up with it.
Yes.

User Info: iceman505

iceman505
5 years ago#27
PufTheMgicDingo posted...
Reach happened. Halo became less social and more about getting those unlocks.

More like party chat happened.

User Info: chickenwax

chickenwax
5 years ago#28
Yeah, it's all about that Party Chat now. Plus we can talk s*** and not fear the ban hammer.
"Two in Harmony, Surpasses One in Perfection" -The Kirijo Group

User Info: blademeister_

blademeister_
5 years ago#29
As much as I love party chat, it's destroyed gamechat. They should have done it like COD, no party chat when matchmaking.
Gt:Blademeister
irrelevent of how good you are make sure if you get a kill...tea bag the holy **** out of the corpse.Then shout abuse at them over the head set
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. What happened to all the people getting on Halo and just hanging out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived