This doesn't feel like a Halo game (sp, no spoilers please)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. This doesn't feel like a Halo game (sp, no spoilers please)

User Info: cutelilmurderer

cutelilmurderer
4 years ago#1
Maybe it's the silly generic music or the different voices, this game so far just feels like another shooter. I've always been a fan of the series and Reach was such a fun game. This game has stuff that appears in Killzone 3 (Playstation 3 title) and feels unoriginal and overdone. What's weird is that it is more beautiful visually than any of the other games! I feel weird playing this game, like I am cheating on my gal or something. Does anyone have this feeling? I'm not even that big of a Halo fan and even less of a shooter fan. Call me nuts, but I feel like this is like some sort of superhero rehash. It makes me a little bummed is all, like someone lied to me. The Halo 4 edition box looks cool at least. What can y'do?
xfire:cutelilmurderer, LIVE: XxCLMxX

User Info: Servare

Servare
4 years ago#2
I think we are playing different games.
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.

User Info: Damien 5000

Damien 5000
4 years ago#3
Frankly, the only thing that made me feel like the game wasn't a Halo game was that I felt like there were less vehicle levels, which I didn't mind, and that Masterchief seemed much more talkative, which I didn't mind either.

My only complaint is that I felt like the Flood were much more frightening/fun to play against, than the Prometheans.
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010

User Info: jihadwarrior

jihadwarrior
4 years ago#4
Not sure what you're getting that feeling from. Maybe just simple story/design choices feel different cause of the new company producing the game.
I mean it's still Halo to me, recharging shields, vehicles etc.
And to the guy who said there weren't enough vehicle levels, I can think of three off the top of my head right now.
3/7 is plenty!
Ghost chase, Elephant/Mammoth ride, Star Fox.
Now if you'll excuse me, Im goin scuba diving with Chris Tucker and Aqua Man.---
D3 Hero Profile-http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rambro-1133/hero/4077328

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
4 years ago#5
Generic music? The soundtrack is amazing, as per usual.

There are certainly elements that don't feel as Halo-y, but that's because they're taking it in a new direction. The original games were more military shooter in space, whilst Halo 4 was a lot more science fiction. And rather than it be about Chief running around taking orders from people, it was very solitary and focused a lot on the Chief/Cortana relationship and what he is willing to do for her.

I thought it was great and it it still felt like Halo, just a better, newer version.
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif

User Info: cutelilmurderer

cutelilmurderer
4 years ago#6
I mean, it IS Halo but there is something not Halo-ey underlying. The soundtrack does not feel amazing like it used to, there is certainly something different about the feel of the music. I have to admit though that I do not have a good sound system anymore and maybe that has a lot to do with it.
xfire:cutelilmurderer, LIVE: XxCLMxX

User Info: Wookie_Is_Back

Wookie_Is_Back
4 years ago#7
"Maybe it's the silly generic music"

First time I've honestly stopped reading a post.

User Info: Governator00

Governator00
4 years ago#8
cutelilmurderer posted...
I mean, it IS Halo but there is something not Halo-ey underlying. The soundtrack does not feel amazing like it used to, there is certainly something different about the feel of the music. I have to admit though that I do not have a good sound system anymore and maybe that has a lot to do with it.

I felt the same way at first but after I listened to the soundtrack a few times I realized that it's every bit as good as good ole Marty's soundtracks. Well, besides Halo 2 at least.
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. This doesn't feel like a Halo game (sp, no spoilers please)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived