Halo 3 to Halo 4 is like Windows 7 to Windows 8

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Halo 3 to Halo 4 is like Windows 7 to Windows 8

User Info: StarcraftTerran

StarcraftTerran
4 years ago#1
Your thoughts?
Unlimited Rice.

User Info: ODomm

ODomm
4 years ago#2
False
Proud Audiophile
DAT COMMANDO HELMET: 49/190 Dominion wins

User Info: mrgreen55

mrgreen55
4 years ago#3
But Windows 8 is awful, and Halo 4 isn't.
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.

User Info: tekn1ques

tekn1ques
4 years ago#4
mrgreen55 posted...
But Windows 8 is awful, and Halo 4 isn't.

Why is Windows 8 awful?
Help yourself to some decent meat on the way out..

User Info: UchihaSasuke117

UchihaSasuke117
4 years ago#5
windows 8 is like a phone os but for your computer. hate it. lots of wasted space. it is the new vista
Humans are so socially messed up its easy for me to take advantage.

User Info: TrueAnarchist

TrueAnarchist
4 years ago#6
UchihaSasuke117 posted...
windows 8 is like a phone os but for your computer. hate it. lots of wasted space. it is the new vista

No, it's not. Windows 8 is just a slightly expanded Windows 7. Metro is ENTIRELY optional, and is actually cool if you can ever play with it on a touch screen PC.

I feel like the only people who surround\Windows 8 with doom and gloom haven't used it. Sure, it is almost entirely unnecessary, but that doesn't mean it is inherently bad.
Gamertag: Bboyd93

User Info: UchihaSasuke117

UchihaSasuke117
4 years ago#7
I didn't say it was bad. I said why I personally don't like it. If you can't make full use of it, then it really is not much different than windows 7. But still has wasted space/junk in it. I probably would use it if I liked touch screen computers. (I have tried it though.)
Humans are so socially messed up its easy for me to take advantage.

TrueAnarchist
4 years ago#8
I didn't say it was bad. I said why I personally don't like it. If you can't make full use of it, then it really is not much different than windows 7. But still has wasted space/junk in it. I probably would use it if I liked touch screen computers. (I have tried it though.)

Fair enough. Although unused features doesn't make something more or less useful. I feel as though comparing it to Vista is inherently calling it bad as well, though.

User Info: kjs7

kjs7
4 years ago#9
TrueAnarchist posted...

No, it's not. Windows 8 is just a slightly expanded Windows 7. Metro is ENTIRELY optional, and is actually cool if you can ever play with it on a touch screen PC.

I feel like the only people who surround\Windows 8 with doom and gloom haven't used it. Sure, it is almost entirely unnecessary, but that doesn't mean it is inherently bad.

desktop OS that is only worth using with a touchscreen but frustrating with a mouse = waste of time
;)
Steam: goo.gl/2r6pC PSN: kschroen Xbox Live/Origin: Bobaliciousj

TrueAnarchist
4 years ago#10
kjs7 posted...
TrueAnarchist posted...

desktop OS that is only worth using with a touchscreen but frustrating with a mouse = waste of time

Like I said, Metro is optional. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upgrading. Windows 8 might not serve much purpose, but that doesn't make it bad.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Halo 3 to Halo 4 is like Windows 7 to Windows 8

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived