Why do so many people hate halo wars?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why do so many people hate halo wars?

User Info: weapon_d00d816

weapon_d00d816
4 years ago#11
Well, many Halo fans didn't like it because they don't know how to play an RTS, and many RTS fans didn't like it because it was too simple.

I still liked it. The only problem I had with it was that there was no need to diversify your units. It was basically just spamming the same unit until you had an entire armada of them.
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#12
Actually, its widely considered the best console RTS.
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.

User Info: XioJenesis

XioJenesis
4 years ago#13
SunDevil77 posted...
Actually, its widely considered the best console RTS.

Lol, that's not really saying a whole lot.
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.

User Info: enterthemadrox

enterthemadrox
4 years ago#14
I don't hate it but I haven't had chance to play it yet.

I loved Dune II: The Battle For Arrakis on Sega Megadrive back in the day but it was the only RTS I ever liked so who knows.
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong

User Info: Mr_arizona

Mr_arizona
4 years ago#15
weapon_d00d816 posted...
Well, many Halo fans didn't like it because they don't know how to play an RTS, and many RTS fans didn't like it because it was too simple.

I still liked it. The only problem I had with it was that there was no need to diversify your units. It was basically just spamming the same unit until you had an entire armada of them.
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif

User Info: AoENIAC

AoENIAC
4 years ago#16
-Good & well designed
-On a console
-Multiplayer
-RTS

Pick 3.

That's why.
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.

User Info: SuperMessy

SuperMessy
4 years ago#17
XioJenesis posted...
Console RTS.

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
4 years ago#18
I was a great console rts. Command and conquer 3 and Kanes wrath were also great console rts. Didnt like red alert 3 too much doe to it looking cartoonish to me. But most people view halo as a FPS. Can you imagine playing gears in first person? I for one cant.
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice."
Gamer Tag: XT356

User Info: XioJenesis

XioJenesis
4 years ago#19
Can you imagine playing gears in first person?

Um, yes. A game going from third person to first, or from first to third isn't as big as making an RTS of a FPS series of games...
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.

User Info: HaloODSTD

HaloODSTD
4 years ago#20
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/935835-halo-wars/reviews
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why do so many people hate halo wars?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived