You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Changed my button layout to Bumper Jumper back during halo 3. Allows you to jump and move while never taking your fingers off the stick. Can make some abilities like jetpack hard to use, so I just don't use them. Bumper Jumper is excellent for swat to keep a moving target and still be able to hit people while moving.
Crouch. Always crouch to stay off the radar, helps to loose people and to get the jump on people.
Avoid heavy vehicles. Hijacking vehicles is fun but can cost you a few deaths to finally take a mantis or tank down.
If your not good at driving certain vehicles stay out of them, let someone else that lives for the banshee take it if all your gonna do is a loopty loop to your death.
And finally stop dying. Pick your battles and stay out of the middle of battle. Help teammates by assisting or stealing kills. I am happy with a game win or loose if my kills are more then my deaths.
Check out my Halo 4 vids via search for Minstogo in halo 4.
Here a some things I tend to do and had helped me be more productive in my team:
- If you get killed, unless you lost some important weapon(s) that you think you can salvage don't rush into battle again.
- Is important to me to have patience and being calm because it helps to steady my aim.
- Positioning and observing how the battle flows helps you understand which route is taken by both teams and where are the locations that the big engages mostly occur.
- If you are sniping, change locations after a few kills.
- If your team has the advantage and momentum stay relatively close to them.
- I don't camp but the element of surprise is efficient, sometimes being rambo doesn't cut it.
- Don't get desperate if you are not getting much kills, getting lots assists also wins games.
- Know how many shots or time it takes to kill an opponent from a distance or a melee combo (a few shots followed up by a melee).
- Get a feel on all weapons so you can get used to their rate of fire. This helps me understand how to strafe better in duels. Combine this with the sensitivity level you feel more comfortable with to have better aim.