I must admit...I love Halo....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. I must admit...I love Halo....

User Info: TheSacredRing

TheSacredRing
4 years ago#291
That's the first time I think I've ever seen us have a bump in one of our topics. Had a good chuckle.
Blarg and Kupo

User Info: ssj5goku2005

ssj5goku2005
4 years ago#292
I think that it's the lack of nostalgia...it was the same thing for me with Halo 2 vs. Halo 3, though I loved 3 from the start, I kept thinking "this is so different...I miss Halo 2" but over time Halo 3 started to become nostalgic as well, and it'll be the same thing when Halo 5 comes out...IMO, the only game that I truly felt wasn't up to the Halo standard was Reach
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009

User Info: logannhunter

logannhunter
4 years ago#293
Reach had good characters though.

Love that evil laugh, Sacred. Are you preparing the beer filled pumpkins?

Life has been very hectic here, but the weekend is calling. It can't come soon enough.

I really need to see the latest books on Halo. Are any of the ones I've seen in the bookstore as good as the first ones, i.e. The Flood, First Strike, and Fall of Reach? Really enjoyed them.
"Bite me, Garrus. Better yet, bite her. Probably how she likes it." Jack

User Info: elitewarrior500

elitewarrior500
4 years ago#294
this topic is still alive.. unbelievable
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok

User Info: moshaspartan2

moshaspartan2
4 years ago#295
i havent read the forerunner trilogy, logie, but glasslands, contact harvest and the cole protocol were excellent. there was also a sequel to glasslands which i assume is also great, but i havent read it yet. it was called 'the thursday war', i think. lots of info on post-halo 3 arbiter in glasslands. good stuff.

and nostalgia is lovely sometimes, but combat evolved is fantastic because combat evolved is fantastic, not because my memories of it are pleasing. same for the other, proper halo titles. halo 4 is naff because it's naff. naff story, naff design, naff gameplay. it will be the same ten years from now.

so, just got my borderlands 2 and dishonored GOTY editions. throw the awesome GTA online on top and ive got some great gaming ahead. what are you lot up to?
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~

logannhunter
4 years ago#296
Ok, is naff good or bad? I'm just a good ol' country girl so I'm not sure, but I washed my face and hands before I come, I did.

Up to no good, that's what I'm up to. Sounds like you got quite a lot of gaming goodness in your future.

User Info: TheSacredRing

TheSacredRing
4 years ago#297
Aye, the beer-filled pumpkins are on their way! Still cracking away at GTA V proper at the moment, will jump into online at some point shortly after I complete the story most likely. Also plan on playing through Beyond: Two Souls sometime soon.
Blarg and Kupo

User Info: moshaspartan2

moshaspartan2
4 years ago#298
naff is just naff, you know? its lame. its a bit turd. its halo 4.

glad you two are well. wish i could play 'two souls, but i no longer have a ps3. ill probably pick one up again early next year, no way i'm missing out on FFX HD.
R.I.P Jack-1996-2007
~MK marksman~

User Info: JohnHalo343

JohnHalo343
4 years ago#299
The John Halo content of this thread has been well below recommended levels, so I've come to bring it.
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community

logannhunter
4 years ago#300
It's not ogre yet.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. I must admit...I love Halo....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived