So how often does anyone actually use the spartan laser?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. So how often does anyone actually use the spartan laser?

User Info: Mustavus

Mustavus
3 years ago#1
It seems like its only real niche is killing vehicles from a vantage point. If you're actually sniping, the DMR's roughly as effective and far easier to use, if you're anywhere near a vehicle you're better off with... well any other explosive, really.

Perhaps more to the point, what motivates someone to pick the SL from an ordinance drop?
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.

User Info: J053F12335

J053F12335
3 years ago#2
Masochism
Hiiii

User Info: BeekBeekDan

BeekBeekDan
3 years ago#3
The only time I call in a sl is if there's a bunch of vehicles around. The only time I think it would be effective for killing Spartans is when they arefar away and you know they will just hide after shooting them with a dmr. This way if you keep the laser off them when charging you can kill them before they hide

User Info: Jaidabecca

Jaidabecca
3 years ago#4
Well, for starters, I use it because it's my favorite weapon in HALO by far.

Second, I use it on infantry if there are no enemy vehicles out.

Third, I use it if I'm not going for any particular weapon Commendation or I didn't get the choice for a weapon I still need the Commendation for(which at this point is only Needler, Fuel Rod, Concussion Rifle, & Beam Rifle).
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca

User Info: enterthemadrox

enterthemadrox
3 years ago#5
I barely use them because I know I'll never get a kill with it. I'll either be killed trying to use it or I'll run out of ammo and have to ditch it without making a dent on anyone due to its slow charge and people moving slightly to the left or right just as I fire it.
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington

User Info: Spoke_Wrecker

Spoke_Wrecker
3 years ago#6
I've actually killed more infantry with it than people in vehicles. It's great for Banshee control or taking out a hog, but nothing is as satisfying as frying someone across the map with it while they jump dodge and try to strafe away from the laser.
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux

User Info: darren19822000

darren19822000
3 years ago#7
i think in the last week i have gone from 4 lazer kills to being in the 3/5 catagory for commedations. mainly used for BTB on exile
gt darren reefnugs

User Info: Spoke_Wrecker

Spoke_Wrecker
3 years ago#8
BTB Exile is the easiest map to pick up almost every single weapon commendation there is. Being populated 90% by idiots and people that don't know how to FPS certainly helps that.
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux

User Info: BlueRunway05

BlueRunway05
3 years ago#9
Not much as Reach for Halo 4. It's really hard to take out non-vehicular players with it.
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.

User Info: Wookie_Is_Back

Wookie_Is_Back
3 years ago#10
It was better when it one shot tanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. So how often does anyone actually use the spartan laser?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived