Who created a better Halo? Bungie with Reach, or 343 with Halo 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Who created a better Halo? Bungie with Reach, or 343 with Halo 4?

User Info: xiTz_RyaNx

xiTz_RyaNx
4 years ago#21
Grizzmeister posted...
I voted for Halo: Reach being better simply because Halo 4 doesn’t yet feel like a complete game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying playing 343’s Halo game but it has so many issues ranging from weapon balance to network problems that I can’t really call it better than Reach. Maybe Halo 5 on the Xbox 720 will finally be the definitive Halo experience but until then the high-water mark for the series is still Halo 2 in my book.

What do you think needs to be added to Halo 4 to make it more "complete"?
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken when it comes to a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.

User Info: Grizzmeister

Grizzmeister
4 years ago#22
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
Grizzmeister posted...
I voted for Halo: Reach being better simply because Halo 4 doesn’t yet feel like a complete game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying playing 343’s Halo game but it has so many issues ranging from weapon balance to network problems that I can’t really call it better than Reach. Maybe Halo 5 on the Xbox 720 will finally be the definitive Halo experience but until then the high-water mark for the series is still Halo 2 in my book.

The weapons need to be tuned to feel more unique and more situation specific.

When someone drops out of a map someone else needs to be plugged in to take their place pronto.

Fix the on-line mode! At times the lag is unbelievable for a game released in 2012. Seriously, Unreal Tournament on my Sega Dreamcast using just a 56k modem ran better most of the time. BTW, I’ve got my 360 in my router’s DMZ (I assigned it a static IP to avoid any NAT issues) so every other on-line enabled game I play runs silky smooth. Only Halo 4 lags so bad that at times it’s unplayable. : (
"Deeds, not words"

User Info: SterlingFox

SterlingFox
4 years ago#23
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

Why do you question anybody who says Halo Reach is better, demanding an explanation, but then let anybody who likes Halo 4 more pass?
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA

User Info: bd0g5

bd0g5
4 years ago#24
Both were horrible when they launched. Reach post TU was pretty fun and halo 4 keeps slowly getting better. Halo 4 will probably end up being a better game if they fix all the bull****
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
4 years ago#25
Bungie created a game that was more traditional to Halo. 343 created a better game.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: xiTz_RyaNx

xiTz_RyaNx
4 years ago#26
Bump.
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.

User Info: rct two rules 3

rct two rules 3
4 years ago#27
Both are awful games. I guess Reach is worse since it was the first game in the series to try to off the franchise with how horrible it is.
Currently Playing: SC2 and FE:A
Forever a Sone

User Info: Draken789

Draken789
4 years ago#28
Reach, because I still played it for a while with friends and found it mostly entertaining.

Halo 4 killed the series for most of the people in my circle, including myself.

User Info: shin_mcgoo

shin_mcgoo
4 years ago#29
Draken789 posted...
Reach, because I still played it for a while with friends and found it mostly entertaining.

Halo 4 killed the series for most of the people in my circle, including myself.

Same with my Halo-playing friends. We all played Halo 4 a few weeks then slowly stopped.
Some went back to Reach or H3, others have are just done with Halo.
"I will weep when there are no more worlds to conquer."

User Info: Moody_Droid

Moody_Droid
4 years ago#30
every aspect of halo: reach was terrible
You can't spam on host with the DMR~Fhos
BO2 is the best COD game in terms of weapon balance~Silver17
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Who created a better Halo? Bungie with Reach, or 343 with Halo 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived