What happened?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. What happened?

User Info: Caolan_2k9

Caolan_2k9
4 years ago#1
Why do people get bored of halo so fast now? (Myself included) and by so fast I mean under a year. I played 3 for 2 years and reach for just over a year. I'm not getting bored of gaming or fps' and I think h4 is great but it's a chour to play at this point and I don't know why.
Is this a flaw on the devs part or are we as players getting bored of halo?
(Note, I know some people aren't, but the numbers have dropped much faster than 3 and even reach)
I will always love halo though and will buy 5 and 6 without even thinking.
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi

User Info: COG_Killa

COG_Killa
4 years ago#2
The way I see it, Halo 4 is trying to cater to either the really competitive, or the extremely casual. The people lack playlists that are both laid-back AND fair. The hardcore gamers have their throwdown, but they can never just play a relaxing, fair, casual game if the mood strikes. Casuals have infinity slayer, but it tends to be unfair because of personal ordnance.

Source: jack ****

Edit: Of course other bull**** like sprint and flinch play a huge part. it's stuff that doesn't really help anyone.
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.

User Info: -EsperantoZero-

-EsperantoZero-
4 years ago#3
Is it cause none of your irl friends play Halo 4? Because I'm pretty sure that's the reason it's losing its luster for me.
EVERYONE I knew played Halo 3 way back when, and it was always fun to jump into a custom games lobby. Then a good amount of people got Reach and played it, but over its lifespan people started to leave. Now I only know like one guy who still plays Halo 4 and he hasn't played for like a month.

COG_Killa
4 years ago#4
That's a big thing too. I met friends in halo that played it almost exclusively, and they had more friends that were always playing it. To be completely honest, I play halo because I just really don't like CoD.

I also play it to have an excuse to come to this board, <3 you guys.
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.

-EsperantoZero-
4 years ago#5
COG_Killa posted...
That's a big thing too. I met friends in halo that played it almost exclusively, and they had more friends that were always playing it. To be completely honest, I play halo because I just really don't like CoD.

I also play it to have an excuse to come to this board, <3 you guys.

I don't think we've ever played
we should change that
gt: MrBaiioonHandss

COG_Killa
4 years ago#6
Eeehhhh I don't really like to play with others.
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub

-EsperantoZero-
4 years ago#7
Are you calling me fat?

COG_Killa
4 years ago#8
I'm calling myself socially shy when i have to speak, even over the internet. I never put my mic in in public lobbies.
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub

User Info: TMoney650

TMoney650
4 years ago#9
COG_Killa posted...
I'm calling myself socially shy when i have to speak, even over the internet. I never put my mic in in public lobbies.

Just stick to party chat then. You seem like a cool guy, it'd be a shame if you weren't a part of this board's online community. If you really don't wanna talk thats ok too i guess
XBL: A Percussionist

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
4 years ago#10
Something in Halo 4 made Halo change in my eyes. The thrill is completely gone and I have no desire to play anymore.
"Madam President...May God help us..."
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. What happened?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived