Do you think Link's Awakening is underrated? *SPOILERS*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you think Link's Awakening is underrated? *SPOILERS*

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
3 years ago#11
Link's Awakening is great, but the Oracles are better in terms of dungeons, exploration, and overall gameplay
Not exactly the chosen one.
http://i.imgur.com/7lJ7i15.png

User Info: sketchturner

sketchturner
3 years ago#12
I think Link's Awakening is the best 2D Zelda game, but I wouldn't call it underrated. Under-appreciated perhaps, but that's not the same thing.

I would, however, call LttP highly overrated.
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
3 years ago#13
Ahh I see, I think the phrase I was thinking of more was under appreciated than underrated, but nevertheless I understand where you are all coming from because the game has been met with a very positive reception.
Beep boop son, beep boop.

User Info: oomomow

oomomow
3 years ago#14
I didn't like it that much.
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.

User Info: Echixir

Echixir
3 years ago#15
It's a good game, but it really bothers me when people say it's better than the Oracle games. They improve on it in literally every way except for (arguably) story.
I can haz 5:11 tiem nao plz?

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
3 years ago#16
i would say its under appreciated unlike OoT which is very over rated. I would play this over and over again compared to OoT
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/

User Info: Rango

Rango
3 years ago#17
It's immensely overrated on particular GameFAQs boards. I didn't find the pacing to be very good at all, and I got lost frequently. Not my favorite Zelda by any means.
NNID: OgnarPliskin. I stream games. Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and more.
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin

User Info: Jazzish

Jazzish
3 years ago#18
I always thought the oracle games were the most under rated, but after reading this thread, maybe not.

User Info: sketchturner

sketchturner
3 years ago#19
Echixir posted...
It's a good game, but it really bothers me when people say it's better than the Oracle games. They improve on it in literally every way except for (arguably) story.

I think the Oracle games are great. However, after playing LA and the Oracles several times each, I am confident in saying that LA is the better game. And it has nothing to do with story.

The map design, dungeon layouts, and puzzles of LA are just better and the game is more fun to replay. The Oracle games (esp. Ages) don't help as well on repeat playthroughs.
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
3 years ago#20
The Oracles feel too segmented in world design IMO. Koholint Island flows much better, the Oracles are almost a collectathon by comparison.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you think Link's Awakening is underrated? *SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived