CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#121
Black_Triforce posted...
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
AceMos posted...
guess what im against male sbeign objectfied to

Then that means that you're against human sexuality and it appearing visually. When you admire a character sexually, you're admiring their body, not who they are. You're taking their boobs, butt, pecs, lips, hair, abs, or bulge and objectifying it to satisfy sexuality.

And in your view, someone satisfying their sexuality is more important than treating people like they want to be treated.

When did I say that?

I inferred it. Sometimes you can figure things out from the things people say without them outright saying those things.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276

User Info: daniel1232323

daniel1232323
1 year ago#122
I think it would be weird if they did. Now hear me out on this. Im not sure what the laws on reincarnation are. But its the same link essentially. Each ones the Same spirit. Now if i had to guess if that spirit was granted the option to choose its next gender, what kind of personality does link really have then? If he was always male then decided to be female for a change. What kind of man would link be really?

As a man i can say that most men at one point or another has thought. Man if i was a woman id definitely play with myself. We would laugh about it and but be serious about trying it for a day.

I think links spirit is forever a masculine one. Hes to macho to want to be a woman, or even think it. And nintendo knows this. Hes not an avatar. He is a masculine spirit of a heroic man.
you want mother in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.

User Info: MichaelAngel0

MichaelAngel0
1 year ago#123
Oh well, would've been nice.

Still, why is this a cause for "relief" or "celebration"? Only shows how sad your lives are if this makes you happy, rather than indifferent, or, maybe, disappointed.

I hoped for indifference.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#124
UberPyro64 posted...
AceMos posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/73879340 here is the topic where people are obejctifing a woman who was playing zelda U on the stream and only care about her body instead of the game or her tallent as a gamer

Yeah that's pretty terrible.

Unless they're in that job field where their body is the main focus, they shouldn't be treated that way.

Yeah, and it has nothing to do with wanting Link to stay male.

I get it. Some men are sexist pigs. But wanting Link to stay the same gender that he's always been does not make us sexist.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

Zonbei
1 year ago#125
Here's what seems strange to me.

Aonuma:
“The Triforce is made up of Princess Zelda, Ganon and Link. Princess Zelda is obviously female. If we made Link a female we thought that would mess with the balance of the Triforce. That’s why we decided not to do it.”

How does that make sense? Two males and a female is a balanced triforce, but two females and a male isn't? What exactly is the reasoning there? This is a shallow justification for something motivated by a desire to maintain the status quo for the sake of itself.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#126
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
AceMos posted...

Then that means that you're against human sexuality and it appearing visually. When you admire a character sexually, you're admiring their body, not who they are. You're taking their boobs, butt, pecs, lips, hair, abs, or bulge and objectifying it to satisfy sexuality.

And in your view, someone satisfying their sexuality is more important than treating people like they want to be treated.

When did I say that?

I inferred it. Sometimes you can figure things out from the things people say without them outright saying those things.

Tell that to Acemos about Link getting together with Zelda in Skyward Sword. :P
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: Black_Triforce

Black_Triforce
1 year ago#127
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
AceMos posted...

When did I say that?

You inferred wrongly. I'm not that much of a sexual person and I don't know why the media is so obsessed with it. I've come to accept that it is this way however, and this is just my interpretation on the matter.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
1 year ago#128
Let's keep pretending that women don't objectify men on sight just as much as we objectify them.
I'll meet you all at Never Never land.

Zonbei
1 year ago#129
Jakerific44 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
AceMos posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/73879340 here is the topic where people are obejctifing a woman who was playing zelda U on the stream and only care about her body instead of the game or her tallent as a gamer

Yeah that's pretty terrible.

Unless they're in that job field where their body is the main focus, they shouldn't be treated that way.

Yeah, and it has nothing to do with wanting Link to stay male.

I get it. Some men are sexist pigs. But wanting Link to stay the same gender that he's always been does not make us sexist.

Considering there are no valid non-sexist reasons for wanting that, it sort of does. I have not heard a single actual argument against it that isn't rooted in some form of sexism. Tradition is not an argument, especially when they're changing so much else. The only argument I see is "it's always been this way, and I PERSONALLY WANT IT TO STAY THE SAME SO IT HAS TO."

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
1 year ago#130
Zonbei posted...
Here's what seems strange to me.

Aonuma:
“The Triforce is made up of Princess Zelda, Ganon and Link. Princess Zelda is obviously female. If we made Link a female we thought that would mess with the balance of the Triforce. That’s why we decided not to do it.”

How does that make sense? Two males and a female is a balanced triforce, but two females and a male isn't? What exactly is the reasoning there? This is a shallow justification for something motivated by a desire to maintain the status quo for the sake of itself.

Because in the old days. (1980s) the trope was a hero, a villain and a damsel in distress. 3 of them make up the triforce. Messing with the lore will change it drastically so its not something to do with status quo but the times
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived