CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#131
AfroPrime posted...
Let's keep pretending that women don't objectify men on sight just as much as we objectify them.
I'll meet you all at Never Never land.

i dont
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#132
Black_Triforce posted...
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
Zonbei posted...
Black_Triforce posted...
AceMos posted...
guess what im against male sbeign objectfied to

Then that means that you're against human sexuality and it appearing visually. When you admire a character sexually, you're admiring their body, not who they are. You're taking their boobs, butt, pecs, lips, hair, abs, or bulge and objectifying it to satisfy sexuality.

And in your view, someone satisfying their sexuality is more important than treating people like they want to be treated.

When did I say that?

I inferred it. Sometimes you can figure things out from the things people say without them outright saying those things.

You inferred wrongly. I'm not that much of a sexual person and I don't know why the media is so obsessed with it. I've come to accept that it is this way however, and this is just my interpretation on the matter.

Maybe I was wrong about your meaning then. It just seemed like you were justifying objectification by appealing to "human nature". I apologize if I made assumptions that are incorrect.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
1 year ago#133
Jakerific44 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
AceMos posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/73879340 here is the topic where people are obejctifing a woman who was playing zelda U on the stream and only care about her body instead of the game or her tallent as a gamer

Yeah that's pretty terrible.

Unless they're in that job field where their body is the main focus, they shouldn't be treated that way.

Yeah, and it has nothing to do with wanting Link to stay male.

I get it. Some men are sexist pigs. But wanting Link to stay the same gender that he's always been does not make us sexist.

Though I did want there to be a female Link, it isn't mandatory whatsoever if they truly define Link as a character and not an Avatar. Rule 63ing a fully fledged character is a little silly as a whole. I mean its fine in fanart and what if scenarios but other than that, It's pretty unnecessary.
Video Games are pretty cool.

Zonbei
1 year ago#134
Gamersoft posted...
Zonbei posted...
Here's what seems strange to me.

Aonuma:
“The Triforce is made up of Princess Zelda, Ganon and Link. Princess Zelda is obviously female. If we made Link a female we thought that would mess with the balance of the Triforce. That’s why we decided not to do it.”

How does that make sense? Two males and a female is a balanced triforce, but two females and a male isn't? What exactly is the reasoning there? This is a shallow justification for something motivated by a desire to maintain the status quo for the sake of itself.

Because in the old days. (1980s) the trope was a hero, a villain and a damsel in distress. 3 of them make up the triforce. Messing with the lore will change it drastically so its not something to do with status quo but the times

Why exactly do we have to keep things the same as they were in the 1980's? Is there a good reason for that? And that aside... what exactly about "Hero" means that it has to be a male? There could still be a hero, villain, and damsel in distress if the hero was female.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.

User Info: SpreadManning

SpreadManning
1 year ago#135
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

There wasn't a female Link for the previous games.

Damn SJW's....ruining everything.

This. Social justice bitterbeards just wanted something to b**** about.

Zonbei
1 year ago#136
UberPyro64 posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
AceMos posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/73879340 here is the topic where people are obejctifing a woman who was playing zelda U on the stream and only care about her body instead of the game or her tallent as a gamer

Unless they're in that job field where their body is the main focus, they shouldn't be treated that way.

I get it. Some men are sexist pigs. But wanting Link to stay the same gender that he's always been does not make us sexist.

Though I did want there to be a female Link, it isn't mandatory whatsoever if they truly define Link as a character and not an Avatar. Rule 63ing a fully fledged character is a little silly as a whole. I mean its fine in fanart and what if scenarios but other than that, It's pretty unnecessary.

Even if they did define link as a fully fledged character, they're still all different Links, right? I still think that a female Link would make sense in that scenario.

User Info: TheY2AProblem

TheY2AProblem
1 year ago#137
I might be in the small minority here, but why is the existence or the non-existence of a playable female character a big deal?
Vermin Supreme 2016
#FeelTheVerm

Zonbei
1 year ago#138
SpreadManning posted...
macrossdyrl posted...
Who cares?!

There wasn't a female Link for the previous games.

Damn SJW's....ruining everything.

This. Social justice bitterbeards just wanted something to b**** about.

Oh damn. You caught us. I just enjoy complaining about ANYTHING, and I just happened to specifically choose female representation in gaming on a whim. It has nothing to do with any actual values and principals that matter to me. You've figured us social justice warriors out, you masterful detective.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#139
Zonbei posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
AceMos posted...

Considering there are no valid non-sexist reasons for wanting that, it sort of does. I have not heard a single actual argument against it that isn't rooted in some form of sexism. Tradition is not an argument, especially when they're changing so much else. The only argument I see is "it's always been this way, and I PERSONALLY WANT IT TO STAY THE SAME SO IT HAS TO."

No one has given a good reason for Link to turn female other than 'it's sexist not to' or 'more options' or 'why not?'

Because it backtracks to Link being more of an avatar like the olden days, as mentioned a billion times.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
1 year ago#140
Emperor_mateus posted...
AceMos posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
BringerOfPie posted...
"Hooray! People who wanted options don't get options!" -this topic

Look, it's not a huge deal for me personally. But the fact that people are openly celebrating that an optional feature isn't making it into the game is pretty disgusting.

Just because its optional doesn't make it any less bad. Whether you chose the option or not the outcome is still that Link would have been downgraded from character to mere player Avatar. That's a step backwards if you were to compare him with Wind Waker or Skyward Link.

LINK IS AN AVATAR

hell if you want to you can havehim fall in love with another girl in SS

Link has been getting more like a character rather then less throughout the decades. Avatar him into an little emo all you want but Wind Waker Link clearly doesn't leave no room for interpretation about what his personality is like.

Well with BOTW Link is now a full fledged character because even the guiding voice calls him link and we can't name him anymore.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived