CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 year ago#61
Emperor_mateus posted...
BringerOfPie posted...
"Hooray! People who wanted options don't get options!" -this topic

Look, it's not a huge deal for me personally. But the fact that people are openly celebrating that an optional feature isn't making it into the game is pretty disgusting.

Just because its optional doesn't make it any less bad. Whether you chose the option or not the outcome is still that Link would have been downgraded from character to mere player Avatar. That's a step backwards if you were to compare him with Wind Waker or Skyward Link.

LINK IS AN AVATAR

hell if you want to you can havehim fall in love with another girl in SS
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#62
Decapre posted...
f*** YEAH!

Where's that "leak" that said they would be one?

That's right bulls***!

Hallelujah! In your face, GameFAQs.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

User Info: Supersonichalo7

Supersonichalo7
1 year ago#63
I've never cared for what gender link is. But i am happy that the whole "link is an avatar" argument can finally die.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NLZP_z2PxCw/maxresdefault.jpg

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
1 year ago#64
AceMos posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
BringerOfPie posted...

Look, it's not a huge deal for me personally. But the fact that people are openly celebrating that an optional feature isn't making it into the game is pretty disgusting.

Just because its optional doesn't make it any less bad. Whether you chose the option or not the outcome is still that Link would have been downgraded from character to mere player Avatar. That's a step backwards if you were to compare him with Wind Waker or Skyward Link.

LINK IS AN AVATAR

No you can't. He can do a sidequest and 'date' her, but he still ends up with Zelda at the end.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/HikariJake

AceMos
1 year ago#65
no he dont nothing confirms they hook up at all
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: inkubus922

inkubus922
1 year ago#66
Gosh, a couple months ago this board was filled with topics about that.
PSN/Nintendo ID: shakejunt922

User Info: Quiet_Noise

Quiet_Noise
1 year ago#67
"Aw. Oh well."

^Wife's reaction, has played since the NES days.

She got pissed at the cosmetic character customization not being a returning feature in OR/AS and said she wouldn't be guying another pokemon game until it returned, so she gives a s*** about customization and whatnot, but like people say ... established game.

People aren't clamoring for a male Samus, and her personality and characteristics are as blank of a slate as Link's save Other M, which the fanbase widely regards as, well ... awful.
3566 - 1560 - 6873

AceMos
1 year ago#68
there is only 1 samus there are many links if there was only 1 link i would not be asking for agender option

User Info: Zonbei

Zonbei
1 year ago#69
The depressing thing about this topic is that a lot of people aren't even trolling. They really are that spiteful and close-minded.

The lack of a female option is really disappointing. The game still looks good, but Nintendo missed an opportunity to reach out to a lot of new and current players of Zelda. Too bad that the entitled male fanbase thinks everything has to be about them.

I don't know. I guess not really the fanbases fault, as I doubt the constant whining about people other than white guys feeling included actually influenced anything. It's on the developers, really. It's just disappointing.

I personally feel let down and kind of sad about the whole thing, and there will, as there always has been, be a lot of people who feel disenfranchised and like they have no representation, and who feel even worse about this than I do. But of course none of the people gleefully exulting in their "victory" over other human beings give a damn about how anyone feels but themselves.

You can change literally everything about the series, but god forbid you include gender options. Only THAT SPECIFIC THING is sacred tradition that can never be changed.
It's a luscious mix of words and tricks, that let us bet, when we know we should have folded.
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7649-7276

User Info: Emperor_mateus

Emperor_mateus
1 year ago#70
AceMos posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
BringerOfPie posted...

LINK IS AN AVATAR

Link has been getting more like a character rather then less throughout the decades. Avatar him into an little emo all you want but Wind Waker Link clearly doesn't leave no room for interpretation about what his personality is like.
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. CONFIRMED: There will be no female playable character!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived