Can the weapons breaking thing be fixed with a patch....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Can the weapons breaking thing be fixed with a patch....

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
6 months ago#21
It doesn't need to be fixed, it's fine how it is

User Info: neji721

neji721
6 months ago#22
BlueJester007 posted...
I just think it is rather dumb that the Master Sword, of all things, breaks.

Oh, I'm sorry. "Loses its power." Get out of here with that s***. Stop beating around the bush and just make the sword unbreakable.

You can't use a different weapon for 10 minutes?

User Info: edgarmorrtis

edgarmorrtis
6 months ago#23
neji721 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

Oh, I'm sorry. "Loses its power." Get out of here with that s***. Stop beating around the bush and just make the sword unbreakable.

What if I don't want to?

What if, in a Zelda game of all things, that I only want to use the Master Sword?...

What bugs me about this the most, is how overnight it created an entire group of people that think unbreakable weapons in a Zelda game is asking too much...after 30 years of unbreakable weapons...

If my inventory is filled with Royal Swords, I keep getting new ones when old ones break, and I've found myself through my in game choices using exclusively royal swords and the master sword...then why have them break?...I'm using the same weapons repeatedly..I never have a shortage of them...So why make them break at all? At this point, this mechanic is nothing but an obnoxious interruption during combat every now and then.

It is the most pointless and annoying implementation of this mechanic I have ever seen and it ruins the game for me. I've already beat it...but unlike every other game in the series, I don't think I'll be revisiting this one.
The world will look up and shout "save us". And I'll look down and whisper "Hodor".

User Info: JoeyMURDERFACE

JoeyMURDERFACE
6 months ago#24
The weapons breaking isn't the problem. It's how often they do and how often you have to waste time to annoyingly switch weapons. If they toned it down to maybe last at least 3-4 times as long it wouldn't be nearly as annoying and cumbersome.
GT/PSN: JoeyLYCAN

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
6 months ago#25
edgarmorrtis posted...
neji721 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

What if I don't want to?

What if, in a Zelda game of all things, that I only want to use the Master Sword?...

What bugs me about this the most, is how overnight it created an entire group of people that think unbreakable weapons in a Zelda game is asking too much...after 30 years of unbreakable weapons...

If my inventory is filled with Royal Swords, I keep getting new ones when old ones break, and I've found myself through my in game choices using exclusively royal swords and the master sword...then why have them break?...I'm using the same weapons repeatedly..I never have a shortage of them...So why make them break at all? At this point, this mechanic is nothing but an obnoxious interruption during combat every now and then.

It is the most pointless and annoying implementation of this mechanic I have ever seen and it ruins the game for me. I've already beat it...but unlike every other game in the series, I don't think I'll be revisiting this one.

You sound like a f***ing child

User Info: QuasiSeal

QuasiSeal
6 months ago#26
Onipaladin posted...
If any other game did this it would be a outcry to boycott and bash. If witcher, mass effect, dark souls, bloodborne or noob had this feature it'd be a f***ing wrap on this site.

You gotta love the rose tinted glasses and blind fanboyism when it comes to Nintendo games.

My favorite is people actually defending the fact that collecting all 900 seeds gives you a pile of crap for a reward. Get over yourselves guys the weapon breaking feature was a stupid idea.

Well the Master Sword is my weakest weapon by 10 points and I have 18 other weapons. And it's been this way for the last 50 hours of gameplay. I don't do stupid things that wreck my durability. I headshot enemies from afar, I use sneakstrike, I use bombs to disperse, I don't hack away at a shield with a sword when I should knock it away with a heavy weapon or a polearm to by pass it. I use fire against cold enemies and vice versa. The game has a strong physics engine and doesn't reward you for not thinking things through.

User Info: VejitaSS4

VejitaSS4
6 months ago#27
what i really want is a stash so i can hoard items

having no stash and low durability is kind of annoying imo
~~Soup Society~~

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
6 months ago#28
VejitaSS4 posted...
what i really want is a stash so i can hoard items

having no stash and low durability is kind of annoying imo
good weapons are common enough that you should never find yourself low, so why would you need to store them?
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: VejitaSS4

VejitaSS4
6 months ago#29
because i like to collect

also i'm not sure if this changes afting going after the beasts but i don't find good weapons as often as i'd like. mostly i come across bokoblin and lizalfo clubs/spears.
~~Soup Society~~

User Info: vinny1983

vinny1983
6 months ago#30
b**** b**** b**** b**** b**** b**** b****.
The Dude Abides
Psn-THEDUDE21121983, NNID-vinny2112
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Can the weapons breaking thing be fixed with a patch....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived