Love this game, worst dungeons

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Love this game, worst dungeons

User Info: Phoenix7

Phoenix7
8 months ago#1
Putting my foot down!

Want to start off by saying the rest of the game is so perfect that this Topic should be taken as a grain of salt, but dear lord is it just me or are the dungeons a joke compared to WW, TP, and SS?

They are cool, don't get me wrong, but they feel... whats the word... all the puzzle with none of the challenge. The 4 divine beasts are all mostly the same! Get to Guidence Stone, get map, move beast to get to control points, easy as [bleep] enemy, final controls point, words of encouragement from friend, jerk, lover, or hot one, put slate in center. OH NO A BOSS POOPED OUT! Oh wait, this happened every other time... Fight the same floaty villian with a semi-different moveset each time. Honestly, its like fighting Marth and Roy from SSBM with someone behind you trying to convince that they are different when they are all clones of each other!

*inhaler puff*

Sorry
(insert creativity)
Most recent game beaten: Onimusha Warlords (March 3rd)

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
8 months ago#2
The overworld itself is pretty much the largest dungeon ever created, so that makes up for it, IMO.

Plus, I've really enjoyed the shrines and Beasts so far. I'd rather have it this way then spending over an hour in the same place.
NNID/PSN: BlackRain8782
Now Playing: Gunman Clive HD Collection, Final Fantasy IX, Mass Effect 3, GTA V, Mario Kart 8, Double Dragon IV

User Info: DEMONPANDA212

DEMONPANDA212
8 months ago#3
I see the shrines as dungeons and sub bosses then the beasts as micro dungeons sith bosses. And I personally loved it but I get how others may be dissapointed.

However It's still got more dungeons than that god awful excuse for a Zelda game Wind Waker.

40 hours of sailing on an empty ocean with 3 dungeons, 2 at the start then the boss dungeon at the end with f*** all but fishing in between

The stealth pirate fortress isn't a dungeon nor is where you get the master sword

Yet people rave about the dungeons in WW

Madness
Destiny: Warlock 400 / Hunter 400 / Titan 400. Lighthouse, MoT YR1 and YR2, Hard WOTM + CM Done!
Collection: Y1/Y2/Y3 Exotics Done (Including the class items).

User Info: fate311

fate311
8 months ago#4
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
I see the shrines as dungeons and sub bosses then the beasts as micro dungeons sith bosses. And I personally loved it but I get how others may be dissapointed.

However It's still got more dungeons than that god awful excuse for a Zelda game Wind Waker.

40 hours of sailing on an empty ocean with 3 dungeons, 2 at the start then the boss dungeon at the end with f*** all but fishing in between

The stealth pirate fortress isn't a dungeon nor is where you get the master sword

Madness

So Tower of the Gods, the Earth and Wind Temples don't exist now? Those exist in addition to the Forbidden woods and Dragon Roost Island dungeons after all
http://i.imgur.com/2w591.gif
3DS Friend Code 3497-0786-9080

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
8 months ago#5
Nah the Divine Beast dungeons were very interesting.

Yes too damn short since the main focus of BoTW is the overworld, but I was very entertained.
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: ryusashi

ryusashi
8 months ago#6
Decapre posted...
Nah the Divine Beast dungeons were very interesting.

Yes too damn short since the main focus of BoTW is the overworld, but I was very entertained.

Agreed. Just finished water one, and it was just trial and error for a bit before figuring it out quickly.
To live is to know pain and suffering, and to grow stronger still from it.
Fc: 1864-8429-9798. Lampent, pumkaboo, drifblim

User Info: DarkChozoGhost

DarkChozoGhost
8 months ago#7
I thought they were ok dungeons, but no they're not on OoT, TWW, WW, or TP dungeon level. They're better than more Woodfall Temple, and about the same as Snowhead Temple and most of Skyward Sword's dungeons. But Stone Tower Temple and the best couple dungeons in SS are a lot better.
My sister's dog bit a hole in my Super Mario Land cartridge. It still works though - Skye Reynolds
3DS FC: 3239-5612-0115

User Info: TheLostDreams

TheLostDreams
8 months ago#8
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

Madness

There's a lot more than 3 dungeons in Wind Waker, dude:
Dragon Roost, Tower of the Gods, Forbidden Woods, Earth Temple, Wind Temple, Forsaken Fortress (twice!), then of course there's the Great Fairy's trial on Outset, the Ghost Pirate Ship, the Private Oasis, the Forest Deku Tree area, and more for extra stuff, WW was the ULTIMATE Zelda game! Only one I like better was Majora's Mask. Did I miss anything, anyone??

User Info: Beers

Beers
8 months ago#9
Phoenix7 posted...
Fight the same floaty villian with a semi-different moveset each time. Honestly, its like fighting Marth and Roy from SSBM with someone behind you trying to convince that they are different when they are all clones of each other!

That's not even remotely accurate. The blights are visually similar but have totally different movesets.

Divine Beasts aren't traditional dungeons. and I actually liked them more than a lot of dungeons in the series. Previous 3D Zelda games usually only have a couple good dungeons, to be honest. And a lot of the puzzle elements and bosses are dumbed down to "use the dungeon item".
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: VejitaSS4

VejitaSS4
8 months ago#10
the bosses were really disappointing
~~Soup Society~~
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Love this game, worst dungeons

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived