Love this game, worst dungeons

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Love this game, worst dungeons

User Info: This_name_wins

This_name_wins
8 months ago#11
I enjoyed a dungeon like Rudania or Ruta way more compared to most other 3D Zelda dungeons (especially WW). Medoh was fine but straightforward, which is what I personally don't like as much from most Zeldas, and I didn't like Naboris at all due to how slow it was, besides having my favorite Blight fight. Unlike other Zelda games, Ruta and Rudania made me search around and had me stumble around a bit. Plus some puzzles had multiple solutions. Short and sweet, just what I like.

However, I'm not looking forward to playing through them the second time. The "all the puzzle with none of the challenge" is kind of true in the aspect that, while the puzzles were creative, the rest of the dungeon offered nothing to fear. I'd love it if they beefed that part of the dungeons up, but oh well.
I have acquired enough herpes to gain new life

User Info: GeneralKenobi85

GeneralKenobi85
8 months ago#12
It's okay that this game has the weakest dungeons in the series though. Everything else makes up for it.
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>

User Info: VejitaSS4

VejitaSS4
8 months ago#13
if this game had some OoT calibur dungeons and bosses it would be perfect
~~Soup Society~~

User Info: Beers

Beers
8 months ago#14
VejitaSS4 posted...

OoT had decent dungeons, but the bosses are nothing to write home about.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: deathwave21

deathwave21
8 months ago#15
Phoenix7 posted...
Putting my foot down!

Want to start off by saying the rest of the game is so perfect that this Topic should be taken as a grain of salt, but dear lord is it just me or are the dungeons a joke compared to WW, TP, and SS?

They are cool, don't get me wrong, but they feel... whats the word... all the puzzle with none of the challenge. The 4 divine beasts are all mostly the same! Get to Guidence Stone, get map, move beast to get to control points, easy as [bleep] enemy, final controls point, words of encouragement from friend, jerk, lover, or hot one, put slate in center. OH NO A BOSS POOPED OUT! Oh wait, this happened every other time... Fight the same floaty villian with a semi-different moveset each time. Honestly, its like fighting Marth and Roy from SSBM with someone behind you trying to convince that they are different when they are all clones of each other!

*inhaler puff*

Sorry

When have Zelda dungeons ever been challenging after the initial playthrough? I really enjoyed the dungeons in this game. They actually stumped me more than any other game has in the series
Sorry, you missed your chance.

User Info: RekamOiram

RekamOiram
8 months ago#16
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
It's okay that this game has the weakest dungeons in the series though. Everything else makes up for it.

VejitaSS4 posted...

I agree with both of these statements. I love the game for what it is. It's a different vibe than every other Zelda game and I wanted better and more dungeons, but it is a phenomenal game, liked my game of the year. If they added some major dungeons and this game is probably my all-time favorite.
Print is dead.

User Info: Goombacrusher

Goombacrusher
8 months ago#17
Vad Rudania and Naboris were pretty cool
http://i.imgur.com/pLE4OWy.png http://i.imgur.com/eBWcN1b.gif
Click here for JoJo: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1150-za-warudo

User Info: Darkest-Lord122

Darkest-Lord122
8 months ago#18
GeneralKenobi85 posted...

Ehhh I dunno, I mean the world's pretty boring, so some longer dungeons would have been a nice break. Not to mention dungeons are the bread and butter of a Zelda game, it's what the series is all about...I mean it's one thing if a game has a dull world or bad sidequests...but poor dungeons is pretty hard to recover from.
Welcome to the Internet, where stating your opinion is a declaration of war.

User Info: VejitaSS4

VejitaSS4
8 months ago#19
Beers posted...
but the bosses are nothing to write home about.

they were seriously awesome, you should replay it
~~Soup Society~~

User Info: tirelat

tirelat
8 months ago#20
I was thinking that I'd miss traditional Zelda dungeons more, but there's a few of the shrines that could almost count as mini-dungeons ... what I'm missing the most is the hookshot. Yeah, it wouldn't really fit with the style of the game (and maybe there's one that I just haven't found yet), but it's such a classic Zelda item that it doesn't quite feel like a proper Zelda game without it.

Yeah, it doesn't have classic dungeons in the best Zelda style, but the game is such a great experience overall that I don't care that much about it. I do hope that future Zelda games will bring back the old dungeons though.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Love this game, worst dungeons

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived