What is with the freezing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Defiance
  3. What is with the freezing?

User Info: vipermckay

vipermckay
3 years ago#1
I have literally spent my whole night trying to play. Yet, it keeps freezing while patching. I get to the " Verifying patched contents" part than it freezes. I have searched and tried the various solutions. None have worked for me unfortunately. I had hoped to play the new Gun Slinger DLC too. Was a fun game when I got to play .
"Hank if you're steering then who's taking off your shirt!!!" -Dale Gribble

User Info: iceman505

iceman505
3 years ago#2
It keeps locking up on me too, and my patience with it is gone. It updated successfully once, but when I got to the character select screen it would not launch. Now it keeps wanting me to re-update, and locks up about 20 minutes in. Damn shame, I really liked this game, and have put in hundreds of hours on it. But, apparently I can no longer play it. You have failed me for the last time, Trion.
Xbox Nation

User Info: EQOAnostalgia

EQOAnostalgia
3 years ago#3
I had issues with the 360 version for weeks, i had rented it from gamefly thanfully because the PS3 version has no issues at all.
http://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia

User Info: ZDT_Leader

ZDT_Leader
3 years ago#4
iceman505 posted...
It keeps locking up on me too, and my patience with it is gone. It updated successfully once, but when I got to the character select screen it would not launch. Now it keeps wanting me to re-update, and locks up about 20 minutes in. Damn shame, I really liked this game, and have put in hundreds of hours on it. But, apparently I can no longer play it. You have failed me for the last time, Trion.

I'm going through this right now..

Its completely ridiculous for a game that's been out this long to have such a problem
LoL IGN/Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007

User Info: smurfsn1p3r

smurfsn1p3r
3 years ago#5
Blame the hardware, not the game. If you have a Ps3, or a decent PC that can run it, you are better off with either one of those then the 360.

PC>PS3>XBOX 360

Sad but true. I own both 360 and PC. I play 360 more just because I have easier access to it then trying to use my brothers laptop. But the PC is a lot more stable. I am not sure why PS3 has fewer issues, but from what I played I never critted when warping to War master.on PC and PS3.
Gtag: smurfsn1p3r4eva
Defiance Character: Alyssia EGO:5343 Hit me up if you need some help.
  1. Boards
  2. Defiance
  3. What is with the freezing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived