This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tharja is a fanservice character

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Tharja is a fanservice character

User Info: Abugumgum

Abugumgum
4 years ago#1
If you want her playable in this game, just admit that your motive is at it's root purely sexual, and don't try to pretend that it is a result of her "moveset potential" and "personality." Just own up to it.

Also she's not gonna be playable. Count on it.

User Info: Lexmark1989

Lexmark1989
4 years ago#2
I think that goes without saying, but I don't see how that's any more wrong that wanting a character in just because they look cool. Movesets are rarely the reason one wants a character in the game.
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies

User Info: SalsaSavant

SalsaSavant
4 years ago#3
This. She amused me in the game and was a great unit, but had no greater relevance to the game or the series.

But this will die down as Awakening becomes a little older.. The Phosphera requests died down eventually too. And the disturbing Viridi ones...
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.

User Info: Lord_Prosper

Lord_Prosper
4 years ago#4
I don't care if it's Tharja or not, I just want a damn magic user from Fire Emblem.

User Info: VGmasta

VGmasta
4 years ago#5
She's also extremely overrated.
"Although I am only 14, I am actually in the 12th grade and have already been accepted to Harvard and Yale." ~blkmegaman
Come to my quote for boards!

Abugumgum
4 years ago#6
Lexmark1989 posted...
I think that goes without saying, but I don't see how that's any more wrong that wanting a character in just because they look cool. Movesets are rarely the reason one wants a character in the game.

But they are often why a character gets in. A character like Tharja has never gotten in(a supporting character from a single game within a long franchise slated for no more appearances, whose popularity comes from her looking like a prostitute and being obsessed with the player character, thus appealing to low self esteem).

Abugumgum
4 years ago#7
Lord_Prosper posted...
I don't care if it's Tharja or not, I just want a damn magic user from Fire Emblem.

We can get a magic user from another series (Ganondorf should be a magic user, Matthew from Golden Sun, Palutena could be a magic user, we already have Zelda). We don't need a specifically Fire Emblem magic user. We don't need every combat style from Fire Emblem represented (sword, axe, lance, magic, horseback).

User Info: Dsurions_Wrath

Dsurions_Wrath
4 years ago#8
Abugumgum posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...

But they are often why a character gets in. A character like Tharja has never gotten in(a supporting character from a single game within a long franchise slated for no more appearances, whose popularity comes from her looking like a prostitute and being obsessed with the player character, thus appealing to low self esteem).

I have to agree. I like her support conversations as they were pretty damn entertaining (only on class C with Gaius for her, I really want to see what happens next), but it's absurdly obvious where her popularity comes from.

I still stick to wanting the Avatar, Lucina, or Chrom.
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21

User Info: SalsaSavant

SalsaSavant
4 years ago#9
Lord_Prosper posted...

Michiah and Avatar/Robin are both magic users and major characters. Avatar can be called a main character, and Michiah was "officially" the main character of her game, even if Ike did steal all her thunder.
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.

User Info: Lexmark1989

Lexmark1989
4 years ago#10
Abugumgum posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...

Look we know she's not getting in so why bother making a topic about her? Is this just to bag on players that like the character? Just look at that one post of the guy calling her overrated which I knew would happen because popularity equal being overrated these days.
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Tharja is a fanservice character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived