This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you a competitive player or a casual player?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Are you a competitive player or a casual player?

User Info: ViviffTheGreat

ViviffTheGreat
4 years ago#91
ShadLx posted...
ViviffTheGreat posted...
If she was in jump float and not parasol float, she can continue to attack out of it, and Peach's aerials have really good priority and can stuff an UpB which could end up killing Falco because his recovery is pretty terrible once he gets below the ledge. In a parasol float, Falco's UpB has some pretty big start-up and would be easy to react to, and she does have good movement while in parasol float, so she could just move back to avoid it and probably just grab the ledge. Going for an attack allows Falco to land and keep pressuring her because she probably still ended up having to retreat to the ledge. Once in a blue moon I have seen Falco's UpB used to try and kill someone off the top because that's all they could do and the punish from there isn't horrible if you miss.

Thank you, floating characters don't get much love the way my friends play so I was pretty sure that it was my lack if knowledge of the character that could explain that situation. You've also made one of my friends very happy by showing Falcon Punch some love, that move is the bane of my existence on 2.0 damage as well as down+b from that yellow rat.

I got intrigued a bit and did some super-quick testing of things on 2.0 damage. Pick Squirtle and Down Throw. It kills Falcon at 0% from the middle of FD if they don't DI perfectly, and my guess is you guys don't DI much.
Pro Brawl player and other irrelevant things(Brought to you by Zoned - The Focus and Energy you need to win the day)
http://img.imgcake.com/IMG0194JPGpy.jpg

User Info: P00DGE

P00DGE
4 years ago#92
Both. I don't play in any competitions, and more often than not I accommodate more casual friends by playing in a casual way (with items and such), but I LOVE playing the game with my competitive friends, and we take it very seriously, and even the smallest screw up in a game could throw the whole match.

User Info: ShadLx

ShadLx
4 years ago#93
ViviffTheGreat posted...
ShadLx posted...
ViviffTheGreat posted...
If she was in jump float and not parasol float, she can continue to attack out of it, and Peach's aerials have really good priority and can stuff an UpB which could end up killing Falco because his recovery is pretty terrible once he gets below the ledge. In a parasol float, Falco's UpB has some pretty big start-up and would be easy to react to, and she does have good movement while in parasol float, so she could just move back to avoid it and probably just grab the ledge. Going for an attack allows Falco to land and keep pressuring her because she probably still ended up having to retreat to the ledge. Once in a blue moon I have seen Falco's UpB used to try and kill someone off the top because that's all they could do and the punish from there isn't horrible if you miss.

Thank you, floating characters don't get much love the way my friends play so I was pretty sure that it was my lack if knowledge of the character that could explain that situation. You've also made one of my friends very happy by showing Falcon Punch some love, that move is the bane of my existence on 2.0 damage as well as down+b from that yellow rat.

I got intrigued a bit and did some super-quick testing of things on 2.0 damage. Pick Squirtle and Down Throw. It kills Falcon at 0% from the middle of FD if they don't DI perfectly, and my guess is you guys don't DI much.

LOL you are 100% spot on, we do dodge and punish miss-timed specials with incredible accuracy and speed which has made me realise that what I really want from SSB WiiU is an unranked custom rules online mode so I could play with people like you but not have to be constantly playing in your element, the huge variety of ways to play SSB means there is probably a lot of stuff people could teach each other (although you could teach me a lot more than I could teach you there is still some stuff competitive players could learn from the chaos I thrive under).

User Info: ViviffTheGreat

ViviffTheGreat
4 years ago#94
There are people like me who will play like that anyway (I'll play any mode really, everything is exciting with scotch) but I see your point. Hopefully they do implement some sort of lobby system. I believe you can change any rules in the game on wifi, but it randomly picks which ones come from which person. They should just let one person control it. Here's hopin' I suppose.
Pro Brawl player and other irrelevant things(Brought to you by Zoned - The Focus and Energy you need to win the day)
http://img.imgcake.com/IMG0194JPGpy.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Are you a competitive player or a casual player?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived