This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was it smart of Nintendo to make Smash Bros for 3DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Was it smart of Nintendo to make Smash Bros for 3DS?

User Info: Enyalb

Enyalb
4 years ago#11
SecretsSecret posted...
TheMarthKoopa posted...
No one owns a Wii U.

Everybody will own a Wii U for all the great games it will get.

As long as they do not shop at ASDA right?

http://www.gamespot.com//news/uks-second-biggest-supermarket-stops-stocking-wii-u-6412164?

There's a thing called importing. Sure it costs a few dollars more, but why else was there a fuss about Persona 4 Arena being region locked?
"Insert reference to video game or anime here"

User Info: JunDageki

JunDageki
4 years ago#12
Yes and No.
it has it's pros and cons.

Smash Bros 3DS will sell even more, but because of this many people won't feel obliged to get a Wii U to play Smash4.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

User Info: SecretsSecret

SecretsSecret
4 years ago#13
Enyalb posted...

There's a thing called importing. Sure it costs a few dollars more, but why else was there a fuss about Persona 4 Arena being region locked?

My apologies I didn't realize millions of people imported.

Also I'm not here to argue oh well the Wii U will or will not sell in the long run.

I am annoyed Nintendo killed off a system seller by making a portable version on its already successful system.

User Info: SecretsSecret

SecretsSecret
4 years ago#14
JunDageki posted...
Yes and No.

Smash Bros 3DS will sell even more, but because of this many people won't feel obliged to get a Wii U to play Smash4.

I would agree with this if they had different Rosters. Different stages is not enough to convince people.

User Info: Rot8er_ConeX

Rot8er_ConeX
4 years ago#15
JunDageki posted...
Yes and No.

What he said. People who aren't already gonna buy a Wii U for other games, some of which are console-sellers (but none as powerful as an SSB exclusive to Wii U would've been), will get the 3DS version. Everyone else will get the Wii U version, and sometimes even both.
I am on GameFAQs until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.

User Info: stfn12345

stfn12345
4 years ago#16
It was most definitely a bad decision, but it's not nearly the Wii U death certificate that everyone makes it out to be.

User Info: Eradan123

Eradan123
4 years ago#17
As a consumer, I'm very happy it's coming to 3DS.

I have no intention of buying a Wii U unless it came out with 10+ games that I would actually consider getting.

A PS3 (soon PS4) and a 3DS are the best consoles for titles at the moment for me.

You could argue Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by making a 3DS version which will reduce Wii U sales. However, think of the millions they will make off the 3DS version as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Was it smart of Nintendo to make Smash Bros for 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived