This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously guys, Shantae for Smash.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Seriously guys, Shantae for Smash.

User Info: PunkNeverDies

PunkNeverDies
4 years ago#1
Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIxD2DJfpc

'Dat MetrodVania gameplay.
GT: PNDMike

User Info: Serenaso

Serenaso
4 years ago#2
Wow, this is actually a clever suggestion
I approve

User Info: aiyobro

aiyobro
4 years ago#3
That game was so hard to find when it came out I remember looking for it as a guilty pleasure it got really good reviews in Nintendo Power.

User Info: ViewtifulGina

ViewtifulGina
4 years ago#4
I couldn't get into the original because of the controls. Hated holding the attack button to dash, combined with the game's slow-assed walk speeds. Risky's Revenge was great though.

User Info: PunkNeverDies

PunkNeverDies
4 years ago#5
- From a long running, Nintendo-exclusive franchise
- Excellent moveset potential
- New game coming out
- She's a belly dancing pirate genie. That's awesome.
GT: PNDMike

User Info: MeanMotorScoote

MeanMotorScoote
4 years ago#6
100% agreed

But being that it's not made in japan/big there... I don't think it'll happen any time soon... but meh, here's to hopin, right?

User Info: lizard81288

lizard81288
4 years ago#7
It would be pretty awesome. Who knows. Lucas never made it to the US so maybe it would be cool to have a US character
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
4 years ago#8
You guys do realize Shantae has another game coming out on multiple consoles, including Non-Nintendo ones, right?

She was Nintendo exclusive, but she's not a Nintendo IP. Heck, the original game was a Capcom IP, it appears. Pirate's Curse, the new one, I can't find a publisher for, just says "may by Wayforward"

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, the new one coming out alongside Pirate's Curse, is not Nintendo exclusive. the other games were, but Nintendo exclusive =/= 1st party game. To give you a parallel, Professor Layton. Sure, his games are NIntendo exclusive from my understanding, but he's not a Nintendo IP at all.

Sakurai isn't going to care about "Nintendo Exclusive" that much, because they can become non-exclusive at any moment. He's going to look at IPs owned by Nintendo. He said himself 3rd partiers will be scarce, and Mega Man is just a special exception (and please don't try to pretend Mega Man and Shantae are on the same level)
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
4 years ago#9
Yes please!
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.

User Info: MeanMotorScoote

MeanMotorScoote
4 years ago#10
MeepleLardicle posted...
You guys do realize Shantae has another game coming out on multiple consoles, including Non-Nintendo ones, right?

She was Nintendo exclusive, but she's not a Nintendo IP. Heck, the original game was a Capcom IP, it appears. Pirate's Curse, the new one, I can't find a publisher for, just says "may by Wayforward"

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, the new one coming out alongside Pirate's Curse, is not Nintendo exclusive. the other games were, but Nintendo exclusive =/= 1st party game. To give you a parallel, Professor Layton. Sure, his games are NIntendo exclusive from my understanding, but he's not a Nintendo IP at all.

Sakurai isn't going to care about "Nintendo Exclusive" that much, because they can become non-exclusive at any moment. He's going to look at IPs owned by Nintendo. He said himself 3rd partiers will be scarce, and Mega Man is just a special exception (and please don't try to pretend Mega Man and Shantae are on the same level)

Correction, it wasn't a Capcom IP, they published it but they didn't own the rights to the character or anything like that. It was a Wayforward IP then as it is now. Publisher =/= owner.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Seriously guys, Shantae for Smash.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived