This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smash Bros 3DS just seems.... pointless...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Smash Bros 3DS just seems.... pointless...

User Info: coolguy_23

coolguy_23
3 years ago#1
I mean the Wii U version is easily the superior version. 1080p HD 60FPS nothing beats 4 player co-op Smash Bros. Honestly why put it on the Handheld??? It's just going to hurt sales. I bet if they didn't know the Wii U was going to struggle they wouldn't have done it. I mean how can you enjoy fighting games and a small screen and bad controls? To those who are only getting the 3DS version I laugh at you.
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.

User Info: Miss_Blu

Miss_Blu
3 years ago#2
I'm getting both versions. And playing Smash in the toilet is just a dream come true.
All the lonely people / Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people/ Where do they all belong?

User Info: martins_renato

martins_renato
3 years ago#3
Watch this game selling more on 3DS than Wii U...
Nintendo disagrees.
3DS Friend Code: 3480-2674-4042
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Dream Address: 4500-2154-4773

User Info: coolguy_23

coolguy_23
3 years ago#4
Miss_Blu posted...
I'm getting both versions. And playing Smash in the toilet is just a dream come true.

That is gross, and I am pretty sure you can do what with Wii U (off tv play)
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.

User Info: Miss_Blu

Miss_Blu
3 years ago#5
coolguy_23 posted...
Miss_Blu posted...

That is gross, and I am pretty sure you can do what with Wii U (off tv play)

Wii U gamepad doesn't have that big range.
All the lonely people / Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people/ Where do they all belong?

User Info: liveman789

liveman789
3 years ago#6
I'm just curious as to how they're going to make smash attacks work with the limited controls. I feel like the derpy analog "stick" won't be able to handle that much.

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
3 years ago#7
I wouldn't call it pointless because some people would prefer portability over graphics.

However, I do think the 3DS version is a bad idea for two main reasons:

1. It may gimp the roster. The Wii U could easily sustain a bigger roster but since they have to be equal, the Wii U will be limited to whatever the 3DS can handle.

2. It's going to hurt Wii U sales. This is the biggest problem. Smash Bros is a system seller, one that the Wii U desperately needs right now. Making a system seller simultaneously available on the system with a large install base is suicide. Yeah, the hardcore fans will buy the Wii U version, but they're not the problem right now. What we need is all the casuals and semi-casuals to pick it up, and they're all going to just say "Why should I spend all that money on a Wii U when I can get the same game for the system I already have?"
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: SideShowBatt

SideShowBatt
3 years ago#8
Getting both and playing Smash while waiting in line to get your course schedule and student parking permit is a god send.
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt

User Info: BLAKUboy

BLAKUboy
3 years ago#9
and I am pretty sure you can do what with Wii U (off tv play)

Depends on where your bathroom is. The range isn't all that great.
blahblahblah Long story short, Braig riding a shoopuf will be the final boss of KH3. Calling it now. - cjjohnston

User Info: PKomegaPAX

PKomegaPAX
3 years ago#10
No its not, its cool since most peolpe get out of their house to go places its pretty neat, plus more money for Nintendo obviously.
3DS FC: 0259-0287-8896
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Smash Bros 3DS just seems.... pointless...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived