This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you replace Corrin with this Fire Emblem character? Day 18: Ronan

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Would you replace Corrin with this Fire Emblem character? Day 18: Ronan

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
4 months ago#1
Hunter from the village of Iss. He leaves the village to repel the invading pirates. - Results (14 votes)
Yes, replace Corrin with Ronan.
64.29% (9 votes)
No, keep Corrin.
35.71% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Ronan

Every day, using a complex algorithm of my own creation, I will randomly generate a Fire Emblem character. GameFAQs will vote and see if said Fire Emblem character would replace Corrin.
-----------------------------
Yesterday, Lloyd from the Blazing Blade beat Corrin with the highest score yet, 23 votes. Reasons cited for his placement over Corrin included:

"lloyd is a cool guy who brings about justice no matter your standing"

"Heck. Freaking. Yes. I loved Lloyd in Blazing Sword."

Today we are voting for Ronan, a Bow Fighter from Thracia 776.

I voted yes.

Interesting tidbit from the Wiki...
He has some of the least characterization in the game due to his minor role in the storyline

Results
Day 1: Norne (Win, 9 - 5) "Sure I'd welcome an archer."
Day 2: Forsyth (Win, 13 - 10) "He was one of my best Barons."
Day 3: Barst (Win, 17 - 11) "Smash does not have enough pirate woodcutters yet."
Day 4: Faye (Win, 19 - 16) "She's such a meme to me that it'd be hilarious messing around as her."
Day 5: Clarine (Win, 18 - 2) "Clarine is one of the prime examples of the uppity troubadour. Bless her for it"
Day 6: Yen'fay (Win, 16 - 15) "Yen'fay was pretty cool."
Day 7: Marcus (Win, 14 - 9) "Marcus is best Jagen."
Day 8: Gordin (Win, 14 - 4) "Gordin is the first archer in the series and that alone makes him more deserving than Corrin"
Day 9: Harken (Win, 17 - 7) "Harken was always pretty interesting to me."
Day 10: Andrei (Win, 11 - 7) "Definitely not my first pick for a Jugdral villain but he actually gets s*** done and you see his kid later on."
Day 11: Levin (Win, 12 - 9) "Levin is one of the coolest bards in FE and arguably his gig in Gen 2 is super memorable."
Day 12: Tanith (Win, 18 - 2) "Hell yes! Tanith is easily one of my favourite Tellius units."
Day 13: Ena (Win, 13 - 5) "At least she actually looks like a Dragon when she transforms."
Day 14: Nergal (Win, 13 - 3) "He's a villain that uses dark magic, that automatically makes him better in my eyes."
Day 15: Raydrick (Win, 11 - 2) "He comes with the unique Loptyr Sword which could make him an interesting debuffer swordfighter or all things."
Day 16: Sophie (Win, 15 - 10) "The sunderer of seams? She who rides the devil in horse form? Of course I would."
Day 17: Lloyd (Win, 23 - 7)
3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / NNID: SirRobX
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jeqNzMfUx3J5a

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
4 months ago#2
Haven't played the Jugdral games
Keep Corrin
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - Mifune (Way of the Samurai 2)
The Official EMIYA of the Fate/Grand Order Boards

SirRobX
4 months ago#3
I've sadly never played them either, but I would like to if it ever gets an official localization or remake. I've played Blazing Blade up to Fates, so I'm familiar with the characters from those games. Since I'm barring myself from buying new games at the moment, I haven't picked up Echoes, so unfortunately I haven't familiarized myself with those characters either.

Actually, since the Jugdral games are Japanese only, would you folks rather me not include them in these polls? How about Mystery of the Emblem exclusive characters and the Binding Blade?

User Info: BonziKong

BonziKong
4 months ago#4
I played the jugdral games. Include them! Besides, they might get people interested.

On topic, he might be inoffensive as a character but he's not actively s*** like corrin and he'd be a bowfighter. We could use one of those!

You know what we couldn't use in smash?

Goddamn corrin.
Guilty of "CORRIN IS A WASTE OF A SLOT" OR "TOO MUCH FIRE EMBLEM"

User Info: MarbyIsBack

MarbyIsBack
4 months ago#5
BonziKong posted...
On topic, he might be inoffensive as a character but he's not actively s*** like corrin and he'd be a bowfighter. We could use one of those!

You know what we couldn't use in smash?

Goddamn corrin.

Agree 100%
The bagel made me do it.
"I'm sexually involved with a toaster." ~typhlozard 2015

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
4 months ago#6
heh, the archer who wants to be a mage

sure, why not
Simple, Pokemon raised from level 1 are stronger. Stop being stick asses and maybe you'll get something for once.

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
4 months ago#7
SirRobX posted...
I've sadly never played them either, but I would like to if it ever gets an official localization or remake. I've played Blazing Blade up to Fates, so I'm familiar with the characters from those games. Since I'm barring myself from buying new games at the moment, I haven't picked up Echoes, so unfortunately I haven't familiarized myself with those characters either.

Actually, since the Jugdral games are Japanese only, would you folks rather me not include them in these polls? How about Mystery of the Emblem exclusive characters and the Binding Blade?

Nah, include them. Even though I haven't played them, I'd still pick Leif over Corrin because he looks like Trowa Barton
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - Mifune (Way of the Samurai 2)
The Official EMIYA of the Fate/Grand Order Boards

User Info: BonziKong

BonziKong
4 months ago#8
ChingTheMonkey posted...
SirRobX posted...

Nah, include them. Even though I haven't played them, I'd still pick Leif over Corrin because he looks like Trowa Barton

Dude I'd pick Leif purely because he loudly makes it clear he intends to strangle the man who caused the majority of the misery in his life with his bare hands when they meet on the battlefield.

You don't see characters in FE these days with balls that big and plentiful these days.
Bonzi is a verified good boy

SirRobX
4 months ago#9
Alright, we'll keep the Jugdral characters then. I'm thinking about also adding characters to the pool that aren't featured in Serenesforest that I know are prominent or popular-- like Iago, Gheb, etc.

Hbthebattle posted...
heh, the archer who wants to be a mage

sure, why not

Yeah, read that about him. Good thing they did the Pokemon thing where Special counts for defense too.

User Info: MarbyIsBack

MarbyIsBack
4 months ago#10
SirRobX posted...
Alright, we'll keep the Jugdral characters then. I'm thinking about also adding characters to the pool that aren't featured in Serenesforest that I know are prominent or popular-- like Iago, Gheb, etc.

Question: Will Cervantes and his INVINCIBLE MUSTACHE be in this series?
The bagel made me do it.
"I'm sexually involved with a toaster." ~typhlozard 2015
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Would you replace Corrin with this Fire Emblem character? Day 18: Ronan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived