This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate this Smash Bros character : FINAL RESULTS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate this Smash Bros character : FINAL RESULTS

User Info: brawl__08

brawl__08
2 months ago#21
YoshiDB posted...
The chances of Wolf returning in Smash 5 are not that likely.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
2 months ago#22
Gargomon251 posted...
Nobody is going to log in from 10 different ips just to slightly mess with the results of a poll that already matters so little due to its small sample size.
You'd be surprised
Mario/Yoshi main in Smash 4 -But first, we need to talk about parallel universes
Official Scathach of the Fate/GrandOrder board~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg

User Info: ThatAnvil

ThatAnvil
2 months ago#23
YoshiDB posted...
ThatAnvil posted...
YoshiDB posted...
brawl__08 posted...
No, Wolf and Snake are genuinely popular.

If Wolf was genuinely popular, he would've gotten the Mewtwo treatment as well. And I bet Snake would've returned had it not been for Konami.

If Wolf was in both Brawl and SSB4, it wouldn't be the Mewtwo treatment at all, he would just be another returning veteran. If he returns in Smash 5, then that would be the Mewtwo treatment.

The chances of Wolf returning in Smash 5 are not that likely. So call it what you want, all I'm saying is that Wolf isn't as popular as you and brawl _08 think he is.

But feel free to call me out in the future if he does return in the next installment.

I still don't think you understand what the "Mewtwo treatment" even is. It means being playable in one game, getting cut from the next, and then being added back to the game after that. So far Wolf was playable in Brawl, and then cut in Smash 4. He would have to return in Smash 5 in order to receive the "Mewtwo treatment" you speak of.
"Who uses smh to mean shaking my head?" - Garglemon
A dragon never yields.
(message deleted)

User Info: YoshiDB

YoshiDB
2 months ago#25
ThatAnvil posted...
YoshiDB posted...
ThatAnvil posted...
YoshiDB posted...
brawl__08 posted...
No, Wolf and Snake are genuinely popular.

If Wolf was genuinely popular, he would've gotten the Mewtwo treatment as well. And I bet Snake would've returned had it not been for Konami.

If Wolf was in both Brawl and SSB4, it wouldn't be the Mewtwo treatment at all, he would just be another returning veteran. If he returns in Smash 5, then that would be the Mewtwo treatment.

The chances of Wolf returning in Smash 5 are not that likely. So call it what you want, all I'm saying is that Wolf isn't as popular as you and brawl _08 think he is.

But feel free to call me out in the future if he does return in the next installment.

I still don't think you understand what the "Mewtwo treatment" even is. It means being playable in one game, getting cut from the next, and then being added back to the game after that. So far Wolf was playable in Brawl, and then cut in Smash 4. He would have to return in Smash 5 in order to receive the "Mewtwo treatment" you speak of.

I understood what you meant. I've been following Smash Bros for a long time. I know Mewtwo was cut in Brawl but returned in Smash 4.

To me, (unless you can find a reliable source that says your defintion of the Meetwo treatment and post it here), the "Mewtwo treatment" means returning to any game in the franchise due to fan popularity. I'm not saying Wolf received it already, he's only been in one game so far obviously, but that his chances of returning to Smash Bros due to fan popularity are next to none.

Of course, no one knows the next Smash Bros roster, not even Sakurai, so I have no proof that Wolf's not coming back. But you can make a solid guess about the next roster based on who's iconic to modern Nintendo, if they're popular among lots of people today, or if they have an impact on Nintendo's history. Is Wolf any of those? Not really. Hence why I'm saying that he's not returning. I'm that confident about it.

If Nintendo makes a new Star Fox with Wolf as a major character in it, before the next Smash Bros, then of course I could be proven wrong, but until then, I rest my case.
"Now you're playing with Power!"

User Info: brawl__08

brawl__08
2 months ago#26
YoshiDB posted...
if they're popular among lots of people today

Do you think people would still be talking about Wolf if he wasn't popular?

YoshiDB posted...
If Nintendo makes a new Star Fox with Wolf as a major character in it, before the next Smash Bros, then of course I could be proven wrong, but until then, I rest my case.

Star Fox Zero?
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
2 months ago#27
I feel the main reason Wolf is so talked about is because he is a cut veteran that several people liked. If he came back, there would probably be a lot less discussion about him (unless it was tier related). If he returned, then he would be a cool character that came back, what else would there be to say?

I base this on how the other DLC veterans were demanded, and when they came back, discussion mostly stopped (well, in Mewtwos case, he had plenty of tier discussion, but it stopped after his buffs). They're requested characters that got added, what else is there to discuss (besides tiers)?

Don't confuse this with me not liking him: I liked how he played in Brawl, and feel they should have brought him back instead of adding Corrin.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: ThatAnvil

ThatAnvil
2 months ago#28
YoshiDB posted...
the "Mewtwo treatment" means returning to any game in the franchise due to fan popularity.

By this logic, every Brawl character except for Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Snake and Wolf received the "Mewtwo treatment" since they had enough fan popularity to return in SSB4. Now do you see why that's incredibly poor wording to describe this situation?

YoshiDB posted...
I'm not saying Wolf received it already, he's only been in one game so far obviously, but that his chances of returning to Smash Bros due to fan popularity are next to none.

Of course, no one knows the next Smash Bros roster, not even Sakurai, so I have no proof that Wolf's not coming back. But you can make a solid guess about the next roster based on who's iconic to modern Nintendo, if they're popular among lots of people today, or if they have an impact on Nintendo's history. Is Wolf any of those? Not really. Hence why I'm saying that he's not returning. I'm that confident about it.

Ok. Then explain why Lucas and Roy returned in Smash 4.
"Who uses smh to mean shaking my head?" - Garglemon
A dragon never yields.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Rate this Smash Bros character : FINAL RESULTS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived