This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think all third party characters in this game will return?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Do you think all third party characters in this game will return?

User Info: PikachuMaxwell

PikachuMaxwell
2 months ago#1
I think and hope so.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U mains: http://i.imgur.com/vLFcGb2.png
Nintendo Network Name: JohnJohn

User Info: OnePieceFan

OnePieceFan
2 months ago#2
I feel safe about everyone but Cloud - Sonic's the closest there is to a sure thing, Bayonetta's from the same company and the ballot winner, Pac-Man's from a company that they trusted to develop the previous game, and I can't see Capcom saying no to having their characters in a crossover.

It depends on why there was so little bonus content (music, trophies) for Cloud - it could have been due to S-E being stingy, or it could have been due to time constraints.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#3
Hard to say. Sonic most likely. And I want cloud to get replaced with a better rep. And ryu to get replaced with another company besides capcom. We shouldn't have two capcom reps.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
2 months ago#4
I want them all to return except Cloud.
Completely honest and unpopular opinion: I don't like the original Animal Crossing and absolutely despise EarthBound and its fanbase.

User Info: judgementaeon

judgementaeon
2 months ago#5
Sonic - At this point, I'd say he's safe.

Mega Man/Ryu - I can honestly say I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these return as well. PLEASE RYU, RETURN.

PAC-MAN - Entirely dependent on Namco's involvement in the sequel imo. Goes for his items as well.

Cloud - Cloud's a goner.

Bayonetta - I'd say she's probably still likely, due to the ballot.
The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
2 months ago#6
Yes except for Cloud
Here we go, off the rails.

Gargomon251
2 months ago#7
wow im glad im not the only one who feels that cloud won't/shouldn't come back
u/Gargomon251

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
2 months ago#8
OnePieceFan posted...
I feel safe about everyone but Cloud - Sonic's the closest there is to a sure thing, Bayonetta's from the same company and the ballot winner, Pac-Man's from a company that they trusted to develop the previous game, and I can't see Capcom saying no to having their characters in a crossover.

It depends on why there was so little bonus content (music, trophies) for Cloud - it could have been due to S-E being stingy, or it could have been due to time constraints.

This exactly, Cloud's the only one I'm worried about.
*horrible bird imitations*

Gargomon251
2 months ago#9
OnePieceFan posted...
Bayonetta's from the same company and the ballot winner,

A couple things
- Isn't bayonetta technically second-party to sega?
- Much as I like her, I would hope that having two reps from the same company would make them LESS likely to return
- Being the ballot winner, I assume the team was just "throwing us a bone" and that makes her less likely to return as well ("you got what you wanted, don't ask us for anything again")

I don't like bayonetta's odds.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: OnePieceFan

OnePieceFan
2 months ago#10
Gargomon251 posted...
OnePieceFan posted...
Bayonetta's from the same company and the ballot winner,

A couple things
- Isn't bayonetta technically second-party to sega?
- Much as I like her, I would hope that having two reps from the same company would make them LESS likely to return
- Being the ballot winner, I assume the team was just "throwing us a bone" and that makes her less likely to return as well ("you got what you wanted, don't ask us for anything again")

I don't like bayonetta's odds.

Bayonetta's owned by Sega - Platinum Games developed the Bayonetta games, but they don't own anything that they develop (the Wonderful 101 is owned by Nintendo, for example). Both Bayonetta's appearances in the Wonderful 101 and Smash Bros. were listed as her being copyrighted by Sega.

I don't see why a company having two characters would make one of them less likely to return. If they're getting one back (and seeing as that one is Sonic, that's pretty much guaranteed), I can see no reason why they wouldn't try to get the other one back at the same time.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Do you think all third party characters in this game will return?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived